• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

NP Comic Saturday March 12, 2022

NP Comic Saturday March 12, 2022

Seems that Grace is opting to toss aside the request to not be overly affectionate at school and appear gay. Ellen does not seem to recall that she made the request.

Of course, actively pursuing the rumor goes above and beyond. But maybe it reflects not yet manifested desires? Grace ships herself and/or Tedd with many people. Ellen and Nanase are a stable couple, especially for high school, but both are often led to 'think about baseball' fairly often.

See, Conan, that's what you get for parlaying with an alien intelligence, you're never exactly on the same page, are you? It would probably help you if you knew that's what you were doing.

I was just about to start a thread myself; good thing I double-checked before hitting "submit"...

I wonder if Grace is actually trying to imply she's in a relationship with Ellen, or if she just hugged Ellen out of habit and the timing is a coincidence. I feel like the comic is trying to suggest the former, but the later would be funnier and more in character (in a culture that expects people to be monogamous, suggesting she's in a relationship with Ellen is very similar to denying her relationship with Tedd, which she wouldn't want to do).

Oh, and yay for glowing-circle background with heart decorations in panel three! (I'd have preferred a flowery background, but at this point I've come to accept that Dan isn't using them any more.)

Yeah, Grace is going to start rumors that she is in a poly relationship with Ellen and Nanase.  Which may or may not expand to Tedd, depending on how much people believe gossip spread by Jay as to Grace having a boyfriend.

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

I consider Grace and Ellen to be in more of a BFF relationship than a romantic one.

Of course.  Or, as Ellen said, step sister, but that might not show if Grace is seen hugging Ellen in public.  Granted no kissing, like Ellen does with Nanase, but more contact than normal for just friends.

1 hour ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Ellen does not look unhappy about a sudden Grace hug. Can't say I blame her.

She did look concerned just a moment before the hug.

8 hours ago, mlooney said:

She did look concerned just a moment before the hug.

I think that, like Nanase, Ellen heard the rumors and that Grace had been sent to the nurse’s office, and wanted to see if Grace was all right.

24 minutes ago, ijuin said:

I think that, like Nanase, Ellen heard the rumors and that Grace had been sent to the nurse’s office, and wanted to see if Grace was all right.

Grace being so obviously hale and hearty may be part of the reason for Ellen's smile.  But I'll bet she's enjoying the hug.

And thinking about baseball.

The major league owners and players reached an agreement which means a full regular season starting April 07, but a short season for the Grapefruit and Cactus Leagues starting March 17

And the National League has finally adopted the Designated Hitter rule, so no more weak batting pitchers or NL old timers going to AL teams to stretch their batting records without the daily chore of fielding

Of course, with inter league play well established and the universal adoption of the DH, will there be anything but nostalgia separating the leagues anymore?

How this will affect the use of thinking about Baseball instead of other THINGS?

During the lockout, you could only think of the money and politics of the game.  Now you can think of the actual game.

39 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

you could only think of the money and politics

That doesn't sound like it would be much fun.  Of course that might be what you need when "thinking about baseball" in the context of not thinking about Grace.