• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Monday, March 14, 2022

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Grace seems to sense something as well.

Has Grace ever shown a danger sense power?  I can't think of one.

Re reading the commentary:   The Dan is saying that a wild guess is "probability is inconceivable".  This is EGS written by The Dan.  The Dan includes a new character when ever possible.  The mystery 3rd person is going to be someone we haven't seen before.  

My current guess (thanks to having been skimming the past couple years' comics): the unicorn from the conclusion of Parable is from the Griffins' side of the world, and either he arrived with the grypons or they just happen to have met up in the woods. However, he and the Griffins have some serious differences which have led to an argument (possibly one with the potential of turning violent).

...Of course, mloony is probably right about it being someone new, but you never know.

My money is on one or both of the Griffins being angered by something. What occurs to me is the presence of Grace and/or Edward; the absence of Nanase and Ellen; Voltaire; or, just maybe, the change in Elliot's magic, which Tara at least, can sense and is suspicious about. The "pulsing" may be the result of cooler-headed Andrea trying to calm her mate down.

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

Has Grace ever shown a danger sense power?  I can't think of one.

Her antennae are deployed, and she is focused on them in the 5th (middle) panel. I think she thinks something is off. Maybe too many other parties?

2 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

My current guess (thanks to having been skimming the past couple years' comics): the unicorn from the conclusion of Parable is from the Griffins' side of the world, and either he arrived with the grypons or they just happen to have met up in the woods. However, he and the Griffins have some serious differences which have led to an argument (possibly one with the potential of turning violent).

...Of course, mloony is probably right about it being someone new, but you never know.

Griffins are known for being hostile to equine creatures, to the point where “when griffins mate with horses” is a saying with the same meaning as “when pigs fly”.

4 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Just recently alluded to it: https://www.egscomics.com/comic/balance-119

Not sure it's ever been explicit before.

I don't think "You gave off a ready to fight vibe" is evidence of a Grace superpower as much as Grace has good empathy, but well within what a normal human might have. In a handful of people, some will be oblivious, and some will pick up on subtle cues. Some will be The Gambler, and 'read the card by the way you hold your eyes'.