• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

NP Comic Tuesday March 15, 2022

University, at least when I was in it, has much less of a rumor/gossip mill about it than high school does.  Might have to do with the much larger student body than most high schools have, plus the students are slightly more mature.

There’s also the matter that the majority of students in a high school more or less grew up together, since high school attendance is district-based, whereas university students could come from anywhere in the nation, and a significant fraction internationally. People get more kicks out of hazing the person they know than a total stranger.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

There’s also the matter that the majority of students in a high school more or less grew up together, since high school attendance is district-based, whereas university students could come from anywhere in the nation, and a significant fraction internationally. People get more kicks out of hazing the person they know than a total stranger.

Absolutely. A scant handful of people from my high school went to my college, and I never ran into them.

On the other hand, a few very popular schools will have a segment of a familiar crowd; the school in Moperville is likely to be like that with the locals.

On the gripping hand, the locals are likely to commute, and commuters don't tend to mingle as much with the dorm residents, who see each other in the halls, chow hall, and rec areas.