• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Wednesday March 16, 2022

Comic for Wednesday March 16, 2022

Defecation at that moment manifested in their perception of reality, evidenced by Edward's uncustomary use of the letter 'F' and a long ash.

Edward gives evidence of knowing what he's doing, preparing to stop what amounts to an animated creature looking glowing thing bearing not just a bit of resemblance to a runaway freight train.

Grace and Elliot give evidence of not yet being quite adult, at least momentarily abandoning the plan, and Elliot spouting a distracting 'Hey' that could have potentially proved lethal for the three of them if Edward had been sufficiently distracted by it.

This thing looks like it would be difficult for both griffins to take on. They are probably not dead, for story reasons, but may be injured. Is this a hippo? I might have thought fireball, except it's breaking trees as it crashes by them.

I guess in hindsight, the worried buildup was justified.

3 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

This thing looks like it would be difficult for both griffins to take on. They are probably not dead, for story reasons, but may be injured. Is this a hippo? I might have thought fireball, except it's breaking trees as it crashes by them.

We can't yet rule out the possibility this is one of the griffins (though that would require them being even more angry and willing to act violently without warning than at the Mall).

16 minutes ago, mlooney said:

If this is the Wednesday comic, hence not a cliffhanger, what is Friday going to be like?

Dan doesn't treat each week as an "installment", so from one point of view every comic with a suspenseful end is a cliffhanger, from another only those stories (or at least story parts) that leave off on a suspenseful note are cliffhangers.

He also doesn't deliberately pace things so that the suspenseful comics happen on Fridays. Friday's comic might still be more suspenseful, or it might be the same level, or even less.

27 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

This could just be a random instance of a ball lightning discharge in the woods with no malevolence or intelligence behind it whatsoever

Could be

But not likely

I'd have to agree with not likely.  I'm not seeing Edward go "F-" for just ball lightning.  Plus there seem to be a shape of the attacker in the final panel that doesn't look like ball lightning.

1 hour ago, ChronosCat said:

Dan doesn't treat each week as an "installment", so from one point of view every comic with a suspenseful end is a cliffhanger, from another only those stories (or at least story parts) that leave off on a suspenseful note are cliffhangers.

In the commentary The Dan said "Where every page is a Friday comic", which implies that he does treat Friday comics as cliffhangers.  Of course that does contradict my statement of "not a cliffhanger" for today's comic.  So, meh, toss up.

11 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

This could just be a random instance of a ball lightning discharge in the woods with no malevolence or intelligence behind it whatsoever

Could be

But not likely

Hmm, ball lightning, secret agents. . . Thunderball!

Whatever it is, it appears to be either charging or directed, as in shot, cast, or some such, not randomly targeting like lightning. I suppose the shock wave could be causing the tree damage/ Lightning, less so; actual lightning damage is weird. Trees hit by vertical lightning often have a helical scar. Sometimes they are slit vertically.

We know the griffins are supposed to be visiting 'tonight', so whatever this is seems to be connected to them. Is it a griffin? Seems too big. They already made commitments on a friendly basis, my take is that they would follow through, for honor and for curiosity.

Maybe something from their universe followed them through? That could be dragon fire.

Maybe they think this side is stealing the magic energy, as someone in our forum suggested in the last week or two.

Elliot and Grace are a bit of a liability at present, needing to be protected, as Grace was with the boar. Yes, she could have taken it on, but she was not ready to. Elliot has already admitted that he could not fight the griffins.