• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Friday March 18, 2022

So this raises a few questions:

1. Is that one of the griffins we know, or a new character with a griffin-like silhouette? We don't know them very well, but it seems out of character for them to attack anything besides an aberration without at least a warning. (I mean at the mall it didn't take long before Tara started attacking Elliot, but she at least tried to ask questions first.)

2. Why are they attacking? This seems directed at them, not just a stray shot. It would be a strange coincidence for someone unrelated to the griffins to be here now, and anyone from the other side of the world shouldn't know who Mr. Verres or Grace were. And yet, they seem to consider at least one of the three an enemy and enough of a threat there's no time/need for a warning shot (unless this WAS the warning shot, in which case they appear to have gone a little overboard). I've speculated that other-side Uryuoms are enemies to the griffins, and I still think that the most likely option; however they could also hate wizards. Elliot could also be a target (it wouldn't be the first time), but without Voltaire to paint him as a villain, I'm not sure why.

3. Is Mr. Verres dead? On the one hand, the composition of this page seems to imply it; also there's been a lot of emphasis on things Edward and Tedd wanted to talk to each other about but hadn't gotten around to, and killing him off would make that more painful (and thus add to the drama). On the other hand, Dan already did that with Mr. Raven and Pandora, and doing it again would feel cheap.  Also, if the recent phone call was about Lavender and Edward being in a relationship and/or Lavender moving in, that conversation becomes far less important if Edward isn't around any more (unless Tedd was going to have a half-uryuom half-sibling soon or something).

So, yeah, I asked what could be a more Friday strip than Wednesday's strip.  Found out.  Still not thinking that the attacker is one of the griffins we know about. 

Edward being instantly killed would be very much out of left field, but him being seriously injured or at least knocked out for long enough that he won’t be taking part in the rest of this incident is likely. Also, this is likely to trigger Grace’s protective instinct and make her go all-out against this threat.

I did not get the impression that Edward had died. He was the only one still on he feet of our three. That his glasses got knocked off can't be good. 'Will be dead soon if this does not get resolved quickly', yeah, I'd expect that.

Yeah, I expect him to be knocked sufficiently out of action that Grace and Elliot will have to resolve the incident without any further help from him.

We may get to see Grace in full combat mode, with martial arts training in addition to her natural power level.  And also find out it Cheerleadera can swap out power points on the fly.

3 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I did not get the impression that Edward had died.

Dan showed us Grace and Elliot alive. That last frame where we see Edward's glasses, but not Edward himself is ominous, to say the least.  On the other hand, we haven't seen his corpse, either.

A bit of wild speculation here: We never did find out how Voltaire's proposal to the rest of the Immortals was received. Voltaire has reason to be pissed off at Tara and Elliot, and perhaps, Mr. Verres. If he attacked the humans while pretending to be a Griffin and vice versa...

The thing is, an Immortal’s power can not be sensed by mortal Mages, even when the Immortal is impersonating a Mortal, as Adrian stated when he realized that Agent Wolf was being impersonated by an Immortal because he was not sensing the power that Wolf should have. Thus, the entity attacking in this scene can not be an Immortal.

I do not think that it is Tara or Andrea either. Edward specifically sensed three beings. As for who it might be, Tara and Andrea may have reported their findings to their superiors, and this aggressive individual is here as an agent of their government.

Just how dependent is Edward on his glasses?

Is this a Velma level "I can't see a thing without my glasses.  Jinkies!"

Or does Edward, like Tedd, wear glasses for reasons other than simple vision correction?

What worries me is the shadow in front of Elliot's face.  Could Cheerledra already be starting the Super villain  points optimization?

On 3/18/2022 at 2:27 PM, Amiable Dorsai said:

Dan showed us Grace and Elliot alive. That last frame where we see Edward's glasses, but not Edward himself is ominous, to say the least.  On the other hand, we haven't seen his corpse, either.

I recalled the glasses flying in the air in the second panel silhouette, so I went to the comic to check it, and I realized that I had misread the image. Edward is the figure to the far right flying backward, the glasses were thrown back with him, but must have separated as they both flew. Grace is the one still standing.

Guessing that Edward is out of commission, dead or not. Grace will very likely go full combat mode. Elliot, may do as Edward advised, figuring reinforcements are warranted, or maybe he'll support Grace immediately.

Also missed, the glasses in the last panel appear to be broken, missing the left side frame.

On 3/18/2022 at 3:33 PM, ijuin said:

I do not think that it is Tara or Andrea either. Edward specifically sensed three beings. As for who it might be, Tara and Andrea may have reported their findings to their superiors, and this aggressive individual is here as an agent of their government.

It does seem that someone from their world is taking it upon themselves to interfere with their plans.