• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

NP Comic for Tuesday March 29, 2022

NP Comic for Tuesday March 29, 2022

'Celebrity drama' is apparently referring to Chris Rock and Will Smith at the Oscars. It was a topic at work today.

Both are decent actors, in the right context, and have done justice to some films. Chris has some really funny standup as well. Makes me wonder what actors hit Dan's 'I care' radar?  Can't say I'm really big on following Hollywood either, but I wouldn't dis them.

I don't think 'getting to the bottom of this' is a real thing; people are bottomless pits of drama.

I love when folks quote celebrity opinions, as if being well known somehow made you smarter.

Sometimes it works the other way, though, being smarter can make you well known, Einstein for example.

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

Like Dan, the part that I mainly care about is not being made out to be an ignorant fool for not knowing what is going on.

I don't interact much with people who really care about celebrity drama (or at least such drama never comes up in our conversations), so it's never been an issue for me. If I were to be confronted about my ignorance, I'd probably wind up accidentally insulting the other person by implying I was "above such petty concerns" (which is my actual attitude, but is also hypocritical of me as I usually claim to value all knowledge).

There are a lot of people I know, who are not in anyway famous, who will not shut up about their opinions or the things they have done.

I find them annoying.

Why would I be interested in such details about people I do not know but are in some way famous?