• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Comic for Monday, Apr 4, 2022

Here is.

1. The griffin being controlled isn't something I had thought about.  
  2. Evileadera looks like she's on her last legs
  3. I hope that Grace doesn't end up fighting Elliot, however The Dan did say that he knew who Grace was going to fight next as far back as Sept 2019.

I suspect Voltaire is behind this—he was the one manipulating Dex and Tara, after all, and he has plenty of motive to send an assassin after the Verres household. Also, from the Doylist perspective, he is the established master-villain-behind-the-scenes in EGS.

So the muenster of the week is being manipulated by a cheesy mastermind?

How does our team proceed?

And just how much damage has been done to that Griffon?  Because the likely hood of recovery will significantly affect how the other portal pouncing panthers react . . . . 

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So the muenster of the week is being manipulated by a cheesy mastermind?

/me adds a star to your page in The Book.

mlooney says that the team will deal with the mastermind.  In ways that the mastermind will not like.

11 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

And just how much damage has been done to that Griffon?

That's the question, isn't it? Perhaps this is the "bad trade," Elliot has beaten, badly--maybe to death, someone who was being controlled. He has become the bully. Even if he hasn't killed the Griffin, his sense of self is going to take a serious hit.

If Voltaire is behind this, how does that interact with the oath he took "not to attempt to have Elliot killed."?

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

He swore not to attempt to have Elliot killed. He made no such promise not to have Edward killed.

The situation is putting Elliot in grave danger.

Yes, but that is due to Elliot’s actions. If Elliot had done as Edward had instructed, then Elliot would have been out of the danger after the lion-owl’s first strike.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

Yes, but that is due to Elliot’s actions. If Elliot had done as Edward had instructed, then Elliot would have been out of the danger after the lion-owl’s first strike.

But he seems to have considerable insight into Elliot's personality. He had to know that Elliot wouldn't, couldn't follow an order to leave Edward and/or Grace to die.

I'm fairly sure that who ever is controlling the owl griffin isn't Voltaire.  Not sure who, but Voltaire doesn't make much sense as the change in magic has already happened so messing with Tedd isn't all that important to him now and I'm not seeing why attacking Edward would have any effect on Voltaire's plan for changing the Immortal's law.

1 hour ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

But he seems to have considerable insight into Elliot's personality. He had to know that Elliot wouldn't, couldn't follow an order to leave Edward and/or Grace to die.

Yes, but it provides plausible deniability for Edward to be the one formally targeted and Elliot to be collateral damage—Voltaire wasn't “attempting” to harm Elliot.

6 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I'm fairly sure that who ever is controlling the owl griffin isn't Voltaire.  Not sure who, but Voltaire doesn't make much sense as the change in magic has already happened so messing with Tedd isn't all that important to him now and I'm not seeing why attacking Edward would have any effect on Voltaire's plan for changing the Immortal's law.

Voltaire strikes me as being emotional enough to want to hurt Tedd (and his family and friends) just for revenge.

3 hours ago, ijuin said:

Voltaire strikes me as being emotional enough to want to hurt Tedd (and his family and friends) just for revenge.

Just so, though I suppose if one Immortal could do it, so could another. For that matter, the Magic used to control Dex was an artifact that presumably could be used by anyone sufficiently adept.

Maybe Voltaire has a plan to cause another change in magic. (Whether there could be such a plan with a decent chance of success, is a separate question. Whether there could be such a plan that Voltaire would think has a decent chance of success, is yet a third question.)

Or maybe it isn't Voltaire. He's the obvious choice, which is a decent argument against it being him.