• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Comic for Monday, Apr 11, 2022

Elliot may not have been so effective as a "super hero" or "monster hunter"

But the elder Dunkle twin is utterly incompetent as a "super villain"

On the bright side, this may finally convince Elliot to step up martial arts and spell book study. If there is sufficient confidence in Elliot's combat skills and magical ability attained the hard way, there will be less temptation to use the cheap power-up options

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Here is.

So, the question now is will Elliot still be "evil" even though they are back to normal?

Yes, his t-shirt is still black.

I like panel three, 'Grace is not amused'.

47 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

But the elder Dunkle twin is utterly incompetent as a "super villain"

Indeed. He never once said, "Bwah, ha, ha, ha", nor monologued his plans.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

So, the question now is will Elliot still be "evil" even though they are back to normal?

My current guess is the consequences of Elliot's going "evil" will primarily be him having to deal with guilt over what he did, and being too burnt out to offer much help in any battles with magic users that happen in the near future. (He might also be too physically drained to fight at all the rest of the day, which will leave everything up to Grace if there is anyone else mind controlled around or the Griffins misunderstand what's been happening.)

At any rate, this strip would seem to confirm my earlier feeling that "evil" Elliot is just a more violent and ruthless hero than normal, and he clearly feels he went too far. Even if his dark thoughts do remain, it shouldn't cause a complete change in character, just make it more of a challenge for him to be the person he wants to be.

I have previously likened Cheerleadra’s lower level to Spiderman’s over Superman’s. Following that line of thinking, “Evil Cheerleadra” could be likened to the character of Venom.

And I predict that many people’s reaction, both in-story and out, to Elliot being burnt out longer than a few days, will amount to “No more girly-Elliot? Awww…” If Elliot himself becomes bothered by the lack of access to girly transforms, then he may ask Tedd to make him a wand for it.

3 hours ago, ijuin said:

If Elliot himself becomes bothered by the lack of access to girly transforms, then he may ask Tedd to make him a wand for it.

Elliot has already asked Tedd for a girly morph wand, during the party.

At this point it can safely be assumed that any magically-empowered item in Tedd’s possession has that ability or can have it added when desired.

10 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Is there anything Tedd owns that can not turn a guy into a girl?

I suspect his glass, both the mundane and magical, can't do that.  Plus, maybe, his socks.

Thinking about it, knee high socks would be prime girlifying material.  Not so much wool boot socks, which is what I wear year round.