• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Amiable Dorsai

Comic for Friday, Apr 15, 2022

I'm surprised things seem to be calming down. If the battle we just got was the climax of Balance, it was disappointingly and somewhat anticlimactically short.

Of course it's still possible someone else might attack, or there will be some other climactic event, but now such a climax would have to rebuild some of the lost tension.

3 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Of course it's still possible someone else might attack, or there will be some other climactic event, but now such a climax would have to rebuild some of the lost tension.

Oh, there's plenty of tension fuel left; we don't know the identity or intentions of whoever mind controlled the Griffin, and we're still in the dark about Tara and Andrea's whereabouts.

Also, the Magus subplot is still smoldering.

As is the question of what happens when Bishop shows up.

And how does the Collapse of the Bronze Age enter into this?

17 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Also, the Magus subplot is still smoldering.

[...]

And how does the Collapse of the Bronze Age enter into this?

17 hours ago, mlooney said:

Not too mention the return of Lord Tedd.  Or at least an explanation of why he isn't a threat any more.

I was specifically talking about "Balance", not EGS in general. I doubt any of those are going to be dealt with in Balance. In fact, I've been assuming the meeting with the griffins, or at least the current adventure in the forest, would be the final part of Balance.

As for the questions of who was controlling the owlgriffin and what happened to Tara and Andrea, those might be dealt with in Balance, and could make a good climax. I had just thought the battle with the owlgriffin might be the climax or at least the first part of it, but that wouldn't be the case if there's a long enough period of calm followed by another battle.

5 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

I doubt any of those are going to be dealt with in Balance.

Possibly not, although Dan seems to have been foreshadowing both the Magus and Lord Tedd subplots here. Granted, foreshadowing in the EGSverse can happen a decade or so before the actual resolution, but I can dream, can't I?

More seriously, it would be slightly jarring if nothing about this arc sheds some light on our little lost dimensional wanderer's plight. Andrea seems to be quite comfortable with the concept of multiverses and surely has something to contribute.

6 minutes ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Andrea seems to be quite comfortable with the concept of multiverses and surely has something to contribute.

You are assuming that Andrea and Tara are going to show.  They could be held back by what ever controlled the Owl griffin.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

You are assuming that Andrea and Tara are going to show.  They could be held back by what ever controlled the Owl griffin.

Annnnd there would be the tension ChonosCat is looking for. Seems unlikely that the motive for holding them back would be a good one.

Not to sound like a broken record <click> a broken record <click> a broken record <click> a broken record <click> a broken record <click> a broken record <click> SCRRRRRRAAAATCHH!

But, has anyone yet contacted Arthur?

53 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Not to sound like a broken record <click> a broken record <click> a broken record <click> a broken record <click> a broken record <click> a broken record <click> SCRRRRRRAAAATCHH!

Elliot lost his phone. Edward was out of action. Grace has been busy, and asked expectantly, as if hoping Elliot had done it, so she didn't have to be concerned about not doing it. So, I'd say, no, no one has contacted anyone outside of the immediate group. If the Sean Owl Griffin turns evil again in the next comic, they're still screwed. Shame they don't have remote surveillance in their universe.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

As of today's comic, no.  Hopefully that will be remedied Monday

On 4/16/2022 at 7:49 PM, mlooney said:

As of today's comic, no.  Hopefully that will be remedied Monday

Nope. Dead horse beaten instead. Priorities, man.