• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Comic for Monday, Apr 18, 2022

Here is.
So, the threat, if we want to call it that, is on the other side of the coin.  Wonder if Our Heroes are going to go visit it and Deal With the Threat.  That would seem on character for Elliot, but he's under powered now.  Not sure about how Grace would feel about that.

35 minutes ago, mlooney said:

... but he's under powered now.

That would be especially true in a realm populated by griffins, not all of which would necessarily be benign.

There is an feel about this comic of beating a dead horse. If I ever do a web comic, I believe having dead horses in the background being beaten will be a thing. I did not expect Sean Connery to be in the role of horse beater. He was much better as 007. Has anyone else seen Zardoz? (The first rule of Zardoz is we don't talk about Zardoz.)

14 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

That would be especially true in a realm populated by griffins, not all of which would necessarily be benign.

I'm wondering about power levels in general.  Tara thought that Nanase should be royalty, yet Tara's combat strength was far greater than what we have seen for any human.  Could it be that griffins are the physical powers of the other side of the coin, yet human mages are the ruling class?  Of course we haven't seen guardian form in combat as such, she might be able to hold her own vs Tara but I don't think so. 

Not sure how I managed it (probably insufficient coffee) but I started this topic in General Discussion and I don't know how to get rid of it.

That said, it seems that all is not well in on the Griffins' side of the world. Revolution, perhaps? Or is the owl-griffin simply a trouble-maker who has gone too far and was being dealt with? Going out on a limb if Edward is royalty, so is Tedd, and so is Lord Tedd (right there in the name, took me long enough). Is that little bit of unresolved plot about to be resolved?

4 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Is that little bit of unresolved plot about to be resolved?

I sorta hope so.  No, actually I really hope so.  The hanging Lord Tedd arc is my biggest bugaboo about EGS now that The Dan has made clear that the US Code defines "person" as "sapient being" with out using "Homo sapiens".  Granted he did that on Discord and it's his official policy that unless it's on a canon comic, it't not canon.

The Lord Tedd arc had too much build up back in the day for it to be resolved quickly without it being disappointing to those of us who still care about it. I'm thinking it's going to require at least one long story of it's own, possibly more than one. Meanwhile, Balance is already quite long and has so many sub-arcs that it's hard to keep track of; I'd really prefer we don't have even more ongoing plot threads pulled into it, at least not in a way that requires much panels space.

My current expectation and hope is that the current adventures in the forest will be the final segment of Balance (barring possibly an epilogue), and will focus on the griffins and the magic-dam. We then maybe get one or two short stories touching on other ongoing plot threads (maybe Kaoli might visit during this time, but it wouldn't resolve the Lord Tedd arc, just lay the groundwork for that arc to return to prominence), then a time skip to graduation. After possibly a few more short stories (this would be another spot Kaoli's visit could fit), we would then finally get to the cast entering college, and it would be sometime in that new era that Lord Tedd (and General Shade Tail) would finally be dealt with.

Oh, I'd happily settle for a mere setup of the Lord Tedd pins. It would be a bit much to expect to knock them all down this arc. But Magus, the Griffins, and Lord Tedd all exist apart from the regular universe, and it would be disappointing not to find out more about how that works, and whether there's a further connection between them by the end of this story-line.

We don't know of any connection between Lord Tedd and the Griffins, for example, save that Lord Tedd seems like the kind of ruler who would inspire revolutionists to action, and a generalized command to kill royalty, as opposed to a specific royal, would be something that revolutionists might issue. I rather hope there is a connection even, perhaps especially, if it takes more than one story to resolve.

Edited by Amiable Dorsai
clarity

Based on what we saw in the end of Sister 3, we are more likely to see Nioi before Lord Tedd.  Which may or may not be the same thing.

17 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Oh, I'd happily settle for a mere setup of the Lord Tedd pins. It would be a bit much to expect to knock them all down this arc. But Magus, the Griffins, and Lord Tedd all exist apart from the regular universe, and it would be disappointing not to find out more about how that works, and whether there's a further connection between them by the end of this story-line.

We don't know of any connection between Lord Tedd and the Griffins, for example, save that Lord Tedd seems like the kind of ruler who would inspire revolutionists to action, and a generalized command to kill royalty, as opposed to a specific royal, would be something that revolutionists might issue. I rather hope there is a connection even, perhaps especially, if it takes more than one story to resolve.

Unless Lord Tedd had something to do with Magus being ejected from his universe, I don't think there's any connection between their worlds; after all Tera is Magus' world's alternate of Tedd.

The griffins described their world as being "the other side" of the main EGS-verse. If the previously established alternate universes are truly separate worlds rather than additional "sides", then I suspect "sides" don't have alternates of characters from their own set of worlds, and there should be no Elliot, Tedd (or Lord Tedd), et cetera in the Griffin world.

In other words, if I'm understanding how the EGS multiverse works, the worlds of Magus, Lord Tedd, and the Griffins are all separate worlds, with the only connection between them being that people can travel between them and have traveled from them to the main EGS-verse.

37 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

In other words, if I'm understanding how the EGS multiverse works, the worlds of Magus, Lord Tedd, and the Griffins are all separate worlds, with the only connection between them being that people can travel between them and have traveled from them to the main EGS-verse.

Also, unless Lord Tedd is a gentle tyrant, the "2nd Life" universe is a yet another world.  Plus, of course Beta Tedd's world.  Beta Tedd also implied that there was more than Lord Tedd, Tedd Prime and Beta Tedd, so we really don't know how many worlds that exist in the EGS multiverse.

The fact that Lord Tedd seemed to be targeting “all” Tedds—or at least all reachable ones—does imply that the number of easily-accessible worlds is finite, and probably less than millions.

Seems like Owl-Griffin agrees with me - Elliot calling this a "villain" form is a huge exaggeration. Dude sees things in black and white, and that's a very bad thing.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Until Dan resumes colouring the daily strips, Elliot is stuck seeing every thing in black & white

Well, grey scale.  The Dan did do some all black and white strips for a bit during Sister 2 or right before that.