• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Comic for Monday, Apr 25, 2022

Here is.

So, it looks like that Liam's family has a history of killing "royalty". I'm assuming Tyrant is a royal title. Might not be and his ancestor was restoring a good king to his throne. Hard to tell with fantasy types.

The original meaning of the word “Tyrant” was a ruler who lacked legitimacy, e.g. because he was a bastard son or because he took the throne by overthrowing a legitimate ruler. The modern use of the word focuses more on the abuse of power by a ruler—we call “Tyrant” a ruler who is corrupt, petty, and who generally lets his own whims and interests decide policy rather than intending to benefit the citizenry as a whole.

Better than the the end of "There be whales here" where 6 comics covered less than one second.  Followed by 1 comic covering 6 months...

1 hour ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Dan is really picking up the pace!

After this page the next 4 pages cover the amount of time it takes from when you lose your balance to when you land on your back. According to wolframalpha.com, the time to fall 3 feet is 0.43 seconds.

(And the second page after that has a single panel which lasts six months.)

Yeah, the whale just said "less than a literal second", so 0.43 is possible.  Either way, it's the shortest amount of time covered by several pages.

You don't suppose Liam's ancestor was the one who slayed the last Tyrant Lizard King?  No?

Then perhaps the ancestral Griffin was the one who leapt from the box to the stage shouting 'Sic Semper Tyrannis"?

And just how rude can a guard be that it requires a preemptive assurance of reprimand?

37 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

And just how rude can a guard be that it requires a preemptive assurance of reprimand?

The fact that Liam has standing to reprimand the guard which the guard would actually heed, would imply that Liam is of at least Knightly rank, similar to Andrea. Perhaps they are both members of some elite combat unit of mage Griffins.

9 minutes ago, ijuin said:

The fact that Liam has standing to reprimand the guard which the guard would actually heed, would imply that Liam is of at least Knightly rank, similar to Andrea. Perhaps they are both members of some elite combat unit of mage Griffins.

It's Sean Connary's voice. It has gravitas, even when you can't quite make out what he is saying.

Ooo, a canary/leopard griffin; we'll call it Sean Canary!

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

After this page the next 4 pages cover the amount of time it takes from when you lose your balance to when you land on your back. According to wolframalpha.com, the time to fall 3 feet is 0.43 seconds.

To be fair, the 'In his head' conversation seems like it is subjectively longer, even if the body falls in that time.

What we need is some global comic warming to melt the conversational glaciers.

3 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

And as I thought about it, 0.43 seemed much too long. So I tried a different approach and got 0.1875 seconds.

Which sounds a lot more plausible considering that in 1 second you'd fall 16 feet.

32 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

And as I thought about it, 0.43 seemed much too long. So I tried a different approach and got 0.1875 seconds.

Which sounds a lot more plausible considering that in 1 second you'd fall 16 feet.

Falling due to gravitational acceleration is quadratic, so if in one second you fall sixteen feet, then in half a second you would fall four feet (1/4 as much).

I have too many old age related body aches to test this out in person.  Why don't some of you youngsters get a stop watch and time yourself falling down.  Do several and take an average.  Fall backwards, forwards and to the side to see if it makes that much of a difference.

19 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Perhaps more importantly, why would the guard be rude? Prejudice against Seyunolu? We speculated about something like that back when Grace was so exited about meeting Griffins. If so, that would be one heck of a callback to an early strip.

29 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I have something against humans in general.

I also have something against most humans individually.

But you will rarely catch me attacking humans on sight

Humans tend to take attacking on sight badly.  Depending on how you attack, they could get quite cranky about it.