• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Comic for Wednesday, Apr 27, 2022

On 5/2/2022 at 0:24 AM, Darth Fluffy said:

The best kids show that I've ever seen, I used to turn it on for my kids and watch with them, was Bill Nye the Science Guy. Hands down hard core educational and entertaining.

Bill Nye was after my time.  I don't think I've ever seen one of his shows.

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

Bill Nye was after my time.  I don't think I've ever seen one of his shows.

He was well after my time. I saw him with my kids. Very clever, repetitive discussion of a focus topic with increasing depth over the course of the half hour show. Full of puns, jokes, various goofiness, in-show tropes, and pseudo-violence done to Bill. Each show ended with a scientific parody style song, kind of like how Sesame street did theirs.

5 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I saw him with my kids

My kids, if you want to call them that, have all been cats.  Cats don't watch TV as a general rule.

9 hours ago, mlooney said:

My kids, if you want to call them that, have all been cats.  Cats don't watch TV as a general rule.

but YouTube has a few "channels" designed for cats to watch.

Explorer bird watches from the bedroom window.  My current place doesn't have as many trees around it as the old one did, so there are fewer birds.

On 5/4/2022 at 2:06 AM, mlooney said:

I have spares. How many do you need?

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Besides, you can turn off a spare TV.

You can't even adjust the volume on a kid

Well, you know what they say, "You can't fix stupid, but duct tape will muffle the sound." ...

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

Please, keep your kids.,

Oh, they're all free range, now; alleged adults, as am I.

2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Well, you know what they say, "You can't fix stupid, but duct tape will muffle the sound." ...

Oh, they're all free range, now; alleged adults, as am I.

And who has been making these allegations? You might want to sue them for libel.

10 hours ago, ijuin said:

And who has been making these allegations?

It is intrinsic in our culture. Like the question, "Where did you grow up?" Do you mean chronologically? Of course you do. But it is implied that you have also matured. That may or may not be the case. Often, maturity is contextual, you may respond in a mature manner to some things but not to others. In some sense maturity seems to decline as you become geriatric.

10 hours ago, ijuin said:

You might want to sue them for libel.

I wanted to respond to this as well. My track record says, "Stay out of court. Money can be easily made there, ... if you are one of the attorneys."

10 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

In some sense maturity seems to decline as you become geriatric.

Yet another reason that one’s twilight years are referred to as the “second childhood”.

13 hours ago, ijuin said:

Yet another reason that one’s twilight years are referred to as the “second childhood”.

My first childhood sucked.  I don't want to go through another, but I guess it beats the alternative. 

14 hours ago, mlooney said:

My first childhood sucked.  I don't want to go through another, but I guess it beats the alternative. 

One of my catch phrases is "Growing old is not for the timid. But it beats the alternative."