• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Monday November 21, 2016

2 hours ago, partner555 said:

Indeed, FINALLY! Diane was first introduced 10 years ago right?

12 years actually.

And this is how I hoped Nanase would get to it with Susan, it's how she explained it to Elliot and Edward, can't see her beating around the bush considering how determined she's been to talk to Susan about Diane. Ellen's still pretty nervous about how Susan will react, and so far we've got a stunned Susan, it could either become shocked or outraged (cus Nanase is likely going to drop the cheating father bomb next) or Susan would be like "I should have expected that the bimbo I caught him with years ago wasn't the first one."

I'm still hoping that knowing that Diane was given up for adoption would get some sympathy from Susan rather that Susan despising Diane for being the product of a cheating father.

What I really want to see happen, is Susan and Diane either hug or shake hands, then both immediately pull out the hand sanitizer.

2 minutes ago, Tobyc said:

I really hope Ellen and Nanase really did bring along that chart in the first panel.

They do have family capable of pulling charts out of thin air, but I don't think they've mastered the art of exposition enough to do so themselves, Nanase is too blunt and to the point still, and Ellen has a tendency to just ramble....hmm I wonder if combining the two would be enough to balance it out and while each alone wouldn't be able to produce a chart, the two of them together might?

It seems odd that Nanase would have a old fashioned pointing stick and not a laser pointer (which plenty of people regularly keep on their person).

Unless...

The pointer is a standardized wand to cast the Summon Charts spell.

Picture it.  Shortly after the French Club trip when she was developing her own magical ability, she may have expressed some kind of interest in her Uncle's chart summoning ability.  As it is a relatively harmless spell and he tends to trust his niece, Edward gave Nanase a Summon Charts wand.

Yes, there is the problem that Mama Kitsune  has tried to keep Nanase out of the magic business.  I am guessing that if Edward did something like that he let Mrs Kitsune know without letting Nanase know he told her mother already.

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Relevant detail added

31 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

There's at least one more cat in that bag. What's Susan's reaction going to be when she actually sees Diane, who looks pretty much like the woman Susan caught her dad with? As far as we know, Susan has never told her friends that she actually saw that woman.

Thing is, Susan saw herself as the woman she caught her dad with, which is why she originally dyed her hair. Though she did have moments where she either liked the blonde(briefly), or at least was indifferent enough to not change it right away, though it's possible she had to put up with being blonde for the weekend because she didn't have any hair dye on hand and the store was closed.

Still I don't think she'd hold anything against Diane, Susan would be told that Diane was adopted and understand that Diane wouldn't have known that she was the product of an affair and so wouldn't have had any reason to change her hair. Susan might have something to say about Diane's treatment of men as it could be seen as a reason Susan's father cheated in the first place, like maybe the woman Susan caught her dad with seduced him, I don't really think that's how it happened and think her dad might just have a thing for blondes.

10 minutes ago, ijuin said:

If that is actually how that woman looked, then there's a substantial chance that said woman is Diane's mother.

I'm not so sure, the woman Susan caught her dad with seemed pretty young, like college aged, if it was Diane's mom, she could have probably been underaged when she gave birth to Diane, which I guess would be a good reason for Diane being put up for adoption, but that would also mean that Mr Pompoms committed statutory rape.

It seems to me that the 20 minute age difference is basically no longer relevant at this point, is it? 

Half sisters wouldn't be any more likely to be born close to the same time than anyone else...in fact they'd be slightly less likely because the closer together the point of conception the more likely the birth date would be similar...though there are other factors.  

Am I missing something,  or is mentioning that fact kindof pointless?

43 minutes ago, GJT0530 said:

It seems to me that the 20 minute age difference is basically no longer relevant at this point, is it?

Half sisters wouldn't be any more likely to be born close to the same time than anyone else...in fact they'd be slightly less likely because the closer together the point of conception the more likely the birth date would be similar...though there are other factors.

It's just one more fact that's in the "So unlikely that it might not be mere coincidence" class...

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

It seems odd that Nanase would have a old fashioned pointing stick and not a laser pointer (which plenty of people regularly keep on their person).

Nonsense. Name even one other Pharaoh who used a laser pointer.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

I'm not so sure, the woman Susan caught her dad with seemed pretty young, like college aged, if it was Diane's mom, she could have probably been underaged when she gave birth to Diane, which I guess would be a good reason for Diane being put up for adoption, but that would also mean that Mr Pompoms committed statutory rape.

We do not actually know how old susan's parents are, but the blonde could easily be early to mid 20's in the flashback (Not everyone ages at the same rare, and from full development to when wrinkles start to show up apparent age depends on allow os changeable factors, hair style alone can affect it), and but susan looks young enough that the blonde could have been around 18 or maybe even a little older when she was born. 

That and age of consent varies from state to state starting at like 16, still pervy but not necessarily illegal. 

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I think you are mistaking regular people for Cat lovers ...err... worshipers. 

You can't whack a chart with a laser pointer for emphasis. Or the heads of sleeping members of your audience.

And the flashback I referenced before is actually titled “The Other Woman With Susan's Face” which seems a pretty explicit hint that she was Susan's mother. That page was made nearly ten years ago, and The Shive has also planted the idea that Susan's father might be Adrian Raven, but even if Susan's memory is ruled more fallible than Edward's background check, it's something that  should come to Susan's mind when she sees Diane.

5 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

And the flashback I referenced before is actually titled “The Other Woman With Susan's Face” which seems a pretty explicit hint that she was Susan's mother. That page was made nearly ten years ago, and The Shive has also planted the idea that Susan's father might be Adrian Raven, but even if Susan's memory is ruled more fallible than Edward's background check, it's something that  should come to Susan's mind when she sees Diane.

Problems with both theories. First theory, it is almost guaranteed that Susan's mother would know whether or not Susan was her child (barring baby switching hijinks), and the page you linked to for the second theory has Adrian explicitly state that elves cannot have children, which makes sense, since real life hybridized animals (Ligers, mules, etc.) are almost always sterile as well.

5 hours ago, GJT0530 said:

Well, the age difference would come up eventually. It's arguably better to start with the weirdly coincidental stuff first, because that's more likely to make Susan realize that she's related to Diane.

51 minutes ago, Alwaysnewguy said:

Problems with both theories. First theory, it is almost guaranteed that Susan's mother would know whether or not Susan was her child (barring baby switching hijinks), and the page you linked to for the second theory has Adrian explicitly state that elves cannot have children, which makes sense, since real life hybridized animals (Ligers, mules, etc.) are almost always sterile as well.

If Susan's mother knew she was adopted and has been covering that up this long, wouldn't she have considerable incentive to keep on keeping quiet? Especially if she had the birth records tampered with.

Since we already have hybridized magical animals in the Moperverse--griffins--an elf fathering half-human children doesn't seem absolutely out of bounds. Remember, because magic.

The Shive can do whatever He wants in the Moperverse He created, but I for one will be quite disappointed if He doesn't dispel at least one of these red herrings without midichlorians.

BTW, have any of you out there gotten the reason why The Shive named George George?

13 hours ago, Stature said:

Now is not the time to act like Human Torch, too, Nanase.

It's just illusion.

8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Picture it.  Shortly after the French Club trip when she was developing her own magical ability, she may have expressed some kind of interest in her Uncle's chart summoning ability.  As it is a relatively harmless spell and he tends to trust his niece, Edward gave Nanase a Summon Charts wand.

Except they didn't see each other for long time apparently.

No, they get the wand today.

5 hours ago, Cpt. Obvious said:
6 hours ago, GJT0530 said:

It's just one more fact that's in the "So unlikely that it might not be mere coincidence" class...

It might be because Nanase doesn't completely believe Edward and would want to let Susan decide herself.

1 hour ago, Alwaysnewguy said:
2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Problems with both theories. First theory, it is almost guaranteed that Susan's mother would know whether or not Susan was her child (barring baby switching hijinks), and the page you linked to for the second theory has Adrian explicitly state that elves cannot have children

Yes. On the other hand, it suggest there is something we don't know yet. If everything would be already revealed, Dan would likely mention how he meant it (possibly saying that originally he planned them as twins then changed mind). If there is nothing like that in comments, then maybe there is still some surprise ...

1 hour ago, Alwaysnewguy said:

which makes sense, since real life hybridized animals (Ligers, mules, etc.) are almost always sterile as well.

Yeah ... which is as relevant to comics with Squirrel-human-uryuom hybrids as Lúthien Tinúviel, who definitely wasn't sterile.

47 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

already have hybridized magical animals in the Moperverse

Technically, they are from other side of universe, which not only can but HAS different rules ...

... which reminds me this little fire-breathing detail. Maybe elves who are children of immortals can't have children, but elves who are children of ancients CAN. And Pandora is actually ancient from the other side of universe. Although she doesn't look like giving riddles to Blaike ...

7 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... which reminds me this little fire-breathing detail. Maybe elves who are children of immortals can't have children, but elves who are children of ancients CAN. And Pandora is actually ancient from the other side of universe. Although she doesn't look like giving riddles to Blaike ...

She has kinda given riddles to Magus, though she hasn't done it much, seems more her style to just be vague with the truth and sidestep giving solid answers if she feels she could have fun with it rather than have people try to figure out riddles.

13 minutes ago, Scotty said:
25 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

She has kinda given riddles to Magus, though she hasn't done it much, seems more her style to just be vague with the truth and sidestep giving solid answers if she feels she could have fun with it rather than have people try to figure out riddles.

The idea is that she is bound by immortal agreement of "our" side now, but she would be bound by the other side agreement when flirting with Blaike.

14 hours ago, Stature said:

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2277

Now is not the time to act like Human Torch, too, Nanase.

And to reiterate a theory: One of them is a "clone" of the other. And we know clones...

Cloning, other than identical twins, is unlikely until after the original is born. Of course, records could be faked, but the oldest clone would still be at least a few months (probably at least 9 months) younger than the original, and that would show up in some aspects of physical development.

Grace and Ellen didn't notice that Diane looked like a slightly-younger version of Susan; they noticed that she looked like Susan.

10 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:
15 hours ago, Stature said:

And to reiterate a theory: One of them is a "clone" of the other. And we know clones...

Cloning, other than identical twins, is unlikely until after the original is born.

I suspect Stature doesn't mean normal cloning, but something like Dewitchery Diamond.