• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Amiable Dorsai

Comic for Friday, Apr 29, 2022

He’s likely calling Grace a “that” either because she is a Seyunolu, or because she is of an unidentifiable species (currently visible mix of squirrel, Lespuko, and humanoid, and Dwight may be unfamiliar with Lespuko even if he knows of Uryuom). Even so, from the perspective of the griffins, she is an attendant/bodyguard of a Royal (Edward), and should be treated accordingly.

As a “Lord” (i.e. unidentified noble rank likely above Knight but below Duke), Liam may be a commander of griffin Mage Knights. He may even be Dwight’s own commanding officer.

When I think of names of "fantasy" creatures, "Dwight" doesn't normally make the list.  "Lord Tyrant Slayer", sure.  "Dwight"?  Not so much.

Doesn't sound intimidating, does it?  On the other hand, the only famous Dwight I can think of kicked Hitler's ass (with a little help from his friends). So there's that.

Virginia intrigues me. Did she notice something was wrong with Liam and try to warn Dwight? Dwight seems... mentally inflexible enough to discount such a warning about his Lord.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

When I think of names of "fantasy" creatures, "Dwight" doesn't normally make the list.  "Lord Tyrant Slayer", sure.  "Dwight"?  Not so much.

The Dreadguard Dwight the Enforcer (of the petty rules)

On 4/29/2022 at 0:03 PM, Darth Fluffy said:

No one likes the enforcers of petty rules

But those who rule put the petty rules in place for a reason and some one needs to enforce them

Certainly the rulers themselves can not be bothered to attend this chore

On 4/29/2022 at 9:03 AM, Darth Fluffy said:

Almost as good as General Dwight the Iron-Hewer.

8 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

No one likes the enforcers of petty rules

But those who rule put the petty rules in place for a reason and some one needs to enforce them

Certainly the rulers themselves can not be bothered to attend this chore

If by 'reason' you include moronic delusions of power (or delusions of adequacy) or alcohol, I'd agree with you.

5 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Almost as good as General Dwight the Iron-Hewer.

I wonder what the difference is between an iron hewer and a blacksmith?

11 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I wonder what the difference is between an iron hewer and a blacksmith?

I think that an iron hewer is one that takes iron ore and makes it into cast iron.  Could be wrong. <google>  Yeah, I was part right, it's a type of miner.