• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Friday, May 6, 2022

Hmm, Tara and Andre are suddenly there, no approach. Seems abrupt. All the talk about slow pacing, and then griping about them showing up too soon. There's no pleasing some people. Ah, I suppose "Hello" softens the abruptness.

I like how Dan cut down the repetitive exposition inn this comic.

Liam appears to be making some bad assumptions about how things run. Or, he's incredibly perceptive, and there's a whole 'nother layer waiting to be revealed. That might be; Edward seems to get himself inserted in some very odd situations, and where does his reputation as a diplomat come from, anyway?

Without the two off scene characters, the birds outnumber the humans two to one in this comic, and do the felines.

With the two off scene characters, the humans have an edge, 0.125 more humans present. The squirrels are outnumbered eight to one.

Will Virginia be human? Will she remain on this side as a liaison? Most compelling evidence against this: who do we ship her with? The characters are essentially spoken for, except for Susan, and that would be an abrupt change of direction. Maybe she's older? Edward, Lavender, and Virginia? If she brings her friend Iris, they could be EVIL! Oh, Noes!

50 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Most compelling evidence against this: who do we ship her with?

Not every human character is shipped with some other human character.  <looks at shipping chart>  OK, maybe most are...

2 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Not every human character is shipped with some other human character.  <looks at shipping chart>  OK, maybe most are...

More like it's not limited to just humans.

Maybe Virginia is Greg's age. He's unattached, is he not?

So who is really in charge of our world?

Our royals deny having magic.

Those with magic hide their abilities, or their existance.

The people we elect, & the people they appoint, spend a lot of time going through ritualistic motions without actually accomplishing anything.

And no leader can outlast the will of their Praetorian Guard.

So who is Liam expecting to see?

5 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Will Virginia be human? Will she remain on this side as a liaison? Most compelling evidence against this: who do we ship her with? The characters are essentially spoken for, except for Susan, and that would be an abrupt change of direction.

While Susan may not be part of a relationship in canon, plenty of fans ship her with Elliot and Ashley - and per the current NP arc, apparently so does Ashley.

1 minute ago, ChronosCat said:

While Susan may not be part of a relationship in canon, plenty of fans ship her with Elliot and Ashley - and per the current NP arc, apparently so does Ashley.

Little does Ashley know that Susan would be fine with watching. So yeah, good point.

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So who is really in charge of our world?

Our royals deny having magic.

Those with magic hide their abilities, or their existance.

Not only that, but if they are ruling from the shadows, then they are concealing that fact from even themselves, as most of them do not consider themselves to be in charge.

9 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Hmm, Tara and Andre are suddenly there, no approach. Seems abrupt. All the talk about slow pacing, and then griping about them showing up too soon. There's no pleasing some people. Ah, I suppose "Hello" softens the abruptness.

It pleases me quite a bit. We knew Tara and Andrea were nearby, no sense belaboring their arrival on scene.

It pleases me more than I can tell you that Tara had difficulty recognizing Elliot without his magic, the griffins aren't human, and wouldn't have evolved a human's inborn facial recognition circuitry. Bill Holbrook has played with similar concepts in "Kevin and Kell," getting a fair amount of humor from the differences in how different species perceive the world around them. I'm a little chagrined to only now be realizing that Tara approached Elliot, rather than another of his classmates, because she read something in his aura.

"Hollow" is a terrific synonym for "burnt out." Dan seems to be getting back on track, makes me hopeful that he's gotten some relief from his insomnia.

8 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Dan seems to be getting back on track, makes me hopeful that he's gotten some relief from his insomnia.

Yes, perhaps he has achieved somnia.

13 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:
13 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Little does Ashley know that Susan would be fine with watching. So yeah, good point.

You know, Justin keeps a lot of secrets.  Beside the major secrets about aliens and magic, he's the keeper of who "The Child Left Behind" is (along with Melissa there) and that Susan likes to watch.  

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

You know, Justin keeps a lot of secrets.  Beside the major secrets about aliens and magic, he's the keeper of who "The Child Left Behind" is (along with Melissa there) and that Susan likes to watch.  

He's had a lot of practice with his own secret. Which isn't so secret any more, he's learned to wear his own skin.

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

He's had a lot of practice with his own secret. Which isn't so secret any more, he's learned to wear his own skin.

If I understand the timeline correctly, he didn't know he was gay until either right before or during his first date with Melissa.  That doesn't give him a lot of time to keep that secret.   Of course his history does give him a view on how important  a secret can be.