• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

NP Comic for Saturday, May 7, 2022

44 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

NP Comic for Saturday, May 7, 2022

It would also be honest to say, "I'm not comfortable talking about it." You are not obligated to answer every question.

That would require some sort of filter between thoughts and speech, which we've seen Ashley has very little of.

9 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

How does she construct the most basic elements of fiction if she is unable to lie?

I suspect that she can do a fictional construct but can't drop into that sort of thing mentally for real life.  Where it's clear that you are doing a fantasy you can think of many things.  That's one reason why she had a crises of conscious when she learned that she would be able to do magic, as her fantasy had her (or her alter ego) doing magic as revenge, which was 'safe' because she couldn't do that, but she started to worry about her revenge fantasies when she thought she might be able to do them in real life.

On 5/8/2022 at 3:02 AM, mlooney said:

I suspect that she can do a fictional construct but can't drop into that sort of thing mentally for real life.  Where it's clear that you are doing a fantasy you can think of many things.  That's one reason why she had a crises of conscious when she learned that she would be able to do magic, as her fantasy had her (or her alter ego) doing magic as revenge, which was 'safe' because she couldn't do that, but she started to worry about her revenge fantasies when she thought she might be able to do them in real life.

'Real life' is all in your head as well.

21 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

'Real life' is all in your head as well.

It can just a well get out of my head then.  I have much better worlds in there than this time line.

1 minute ago, mlooney said:

It can just a well get out of my head then.  I have much better worlds in there than this time line.

You live in a model of the reality around you that your brain maintains for you. It is not 100% accurate, it is not nearly complete from moment to moment, but it is where you live.

Some people do replace their model of reality with a whole cloth fantasy; we call these reality challenged individuals various terms, but 'crazy' is one of the more common ones.

Replacing the model does not alter the reality around you, it just makes you unaware of it. If that is your goal, you might try heavy drinking.

I’m just a poor boy, I need no sympathy.

Cause I’m easy come, easy go

Little high, little low.

Any way the wind blows doesn’t really matter to me.

13 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Replacing the model does not alter the reality around you, it just makes you unaware of it. If that is your goal, you might try heavy drinking.

I take fairly strong drugs to keep me more or less in sync with what every one else things of as being close to reality.  Due to this I'm really not supposed to drink alcohol, much less heavy drinking.  My main psychoactive  active thing is caffeine, of which I do quite a lot of, in the form of several liters of tea each day.

20 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Yes, but in terms of turning off your reality model, caffeine is counterproductive.

Depends on the dose and what you take it with.  Mixed with analgesics it helps a lot with dealing with the reality of a major headache.  It's too bad I can't take the version that has aspirin Nu the acetaminophen and caffeine tablets are better than just acetaminophen.