• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Comic for Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Here is.

So griffins a bad asses.  This make sense.   Elliot already knew that Tara was out of his class, now he's finding that most, if not all, griffins are out of his class.  Even Andrea was said to be able to take a hippo, which isn't a minor amount of ability.

Liam is also apparently an elite warrior even among griffins, whereas in Elliot’s world, magic is so secretive that only special agents like Edward’s department even get formalized magic combat training.

Are the Griffons in a perpetual state of war with each other?
Is their world filled with monstrosities that can not be hunted to extinction as humans have done so well on our world?

What is going on that every one in their world seems to need combat abilities that would easily overwhelm the best human warriors?

1 minute ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Are the Griffons in a perpetual state of war with each other?
Is their world filled with monstrosities that can not be hunted to extinction as humans have done so well on our world?

What is going on that every one in their world seems to need combat abilities that would easily overwhelm the best human warriors?

Which is the chicken and which is the egg? Does everyone need powers because there are monsters, or are there monsters because such power is available?

5 minutes ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Which is the chicken and which is the egg? Does everyone need powers because there are monsters, or are there monsters because such power is available?

Perhaps something else for Tedd to consider while pursuing the goal of making Magic available to everyone 

It very well could be a plain old arms race—every nation strives to have the most powerful warriors, because those without will be conquered by those who have them.

8 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

< oblivious to the metaphor >

We have not yet seen a chicken griffin, so none.

We have not seen a griffin egg; we don't even know if they reproduce via eggs, although if I recall the lore correctly, they nest, so yeah, probably eggs.

I think they are manufactured with guillotines and super glue. That would explain the variety. That's how I would do it, and now the neighbor is mad about her cat. Hey, she looks cute with a goose head, and I offered her the cat-goose as well. There's no pleasing some folks.

6 hours ago, ijuin said:

It very well could be a plain old arms race—every nation strives to have the most powerful warriors, because those without will be conquered by those who have them.

They do indeed have an arms race, if they learn to make arms as babies. Then again, the humans had a head start, what with being born with arms.

It's the opposable thumb technology you've really got to be concerned about. If the trash pandas ever figure that out, we'll have regular muggings taking out the garbage each evening.

9 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

It's the opposable thumb technology you've really got to be concerned about. If the trash pandas ever figure that out, we'll have regular muggings taking out the garbage each evening.

I'm some what surprised that Small City Kansas doesn't have a trash panda problem.  But then again, most people have wheelie bins for their trash so it's harder for the coons to get to the trash.

1 minute ago, mlooney said:

I'm some what surprised that Small City Kansas doesn't have a trash panda problem.  But then again, most people have wheelie bins for their trash so it's harder for the coons to get to the trash.

You've got to wonder why people don't build coon feeders, like big bird feeders, and just throw the trash in it.

10 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

They do indeed have an arms race, if they learn to make arms as babies. Then again, the humans had a head start, what with being born with arms.

Now I wonder if the Griffins’ nation recognizes a right to bare arms.

6 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Now I wonder if the Griffins’ nation recognizes a right to bare arms.

Two bear arms? Like Winnie the Pooh or Paddington?

1 minute ago, Darth Fluffy said:

That would be the right to arm bears. I wonder if they also have bear warriors. . .

17 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Fun fact.  Zelenskyy was the voice of Paddington in the Ukraine version of those movies.  So he has a record of bear arms.

260505.png