• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

Comic for Friday May 13, 2022

First, I got the day right. Yeah, me!

Second, it's Friday the 13th. Shouldn't we follow tall buildings' example and jump to Friday the 14th? Skip the 13th day?

The most interesting thing in this comic are the last two panels. Virginia shows up and speaks, we don't see her, but Grace is in shock. She looks like another cast member. Guesses:

The human Grace that Grace is named after and has some of her DNA - though she never met her, she may have seen a picture and might recognize aspects of herself.

Rhoda - just seems to make sense.

Susan, Sarah - conventional choices. Probably not one of them.

Female Sam - doesn't seem likely, but would fit the shocked expression.

Jay - Grace barely knows her, the contrast might be shocking.

Female version of Justin maybe?

Has to be someone Grace knows, so Liz is out.

The griffins didn't comment on knowing someone like Nanase, Grace, Ashley, Ellen, nor Diane, so they should be out. Also female Elliot.

Tedd/Tess is not eliminated, but the name doesn't fit the precedent.

Guessing that Edward's spell also protected Liam.

If Edward’s barrier was meant to decelerate incoming masses rather than being a simple hard shell, then it certainly would have cushioned Liam as well.

That said, this raises the possibility that whoever was controlling Liam into indiscriminately attacking royalty meant for him to make a suicide strike and be killed or crippled in doing so.

48 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Virginia shows up and speaks, we don't see her, but Grace is in shock. She looks like another cast member.

I don't think this is going to be the case.  Other than 2nd Life Tedd, we haven't seen a direct AU version of an cast member.  Yeah, Magus was sorta an AU Elliot/Ellen and Tara might be an AU Tedd, but even those weren't direct copies.

57 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Second, it's Friday the 13th. Shouldn't we follow tall buildings' example and jump to Friday the 14th? Skip the 13th day?

But 13 is my lucky number!

58 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

The most interesting thing in this comic are the last two panels. Virginia shows up and speaks, we don't see her, but Grace is in shock. She looks like another cast member. Guesses:

[snip]

Has to be someone Grace knows, [snip]

It would be quite the plot twist if someone Grace knew secretly had contact with the griffins, but I assume you're actually saying it's an alternate of one of the existing cast. I doubt that would be the case; my understanding that since the griffin world is "the other side" of the main EGS world and thus technically they are both the same world, there shouldn't be any alternates of people from one "side" native to the other. I believe the worlds with alternates, like that of Magus or Lord Tedd, are far more separate from the main EGS world and each other than the main world and the griffin world; in fact probably each of those alternate "dimensions" has its own griffin side, with alternates of Tara, Andrea, Liam, etc.

My current guess as to why Virginia's appearance surprised Grace is that Virginia is a Uryuom or a fellow Seyunalu. (This ties in with my current suspicion that the griffon world is also the Uryuom homeworld.)

1 hour ago, ChronosCat said:

My current guess as to why Virginia's appearance surprised Grace is that Virginia is a Uryuom or a fellow Seyunalu. (This ties in with my current suspicion that the griffon world is also the Uryuom homeworld.)

Huh. I had ruled that out, but what you're saying makes sense. Uryuom, not Seyunalu, based on Dwight's apparent prejudice.

55 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Someone get this comic to the North Pole, immediately.

YES SANTA CLAUS, THERE IS A VIRGINIA!

But does she burn books?

21 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Huh. I had ruled that out, but what you're saying makes sense. Uryuom, not Seyunalu, based on Dwight's apparent prejudice.

Both of the "alien" races being from the Griffin's side of the world would explain a lot.  I'm not quite sure how Grace would know that Virginia is a Seyunalu because she has not shown any "detection" magic of any sort before.  Now a Uryuom she would recognize, but so would Elliot.  He might be equally shocked, but we just don't see him.