• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

21 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Please do the same math for a certain former President, if you would.

I blame COVID for failing to do its job.

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Don't trust atoms.

They make up everything.

/Him would probably give you a neutron star, just to prove that wrong.

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The core of a Neutron Star is a single atomic nucleus.  Bound by Gravity rather than the Strong force.

I've never been to one to have a look, but my understanding is that the neutrons for the most part are not bound in nuclei, but pressed together, protons and electrons for the mot part do not exist. But, if we need other examples, there are even more degenerate forms of matter in more massive bodies, and beyond that, we don't actually know what most of the mass in the universe is; it isn't matter as we understand it.

/him probably couldn't give you one of those, since we can't describe it. You'll have to be content with something we have words for.

My mind is boggled. This comic is so meta . . . it is not funny at all, and that is the joke. If it were the least bit funny, it would fail.

Maybe more troubling, some effort went into this. Every panel is different. Even allowing for layers, that's still a lot.

An existential statement is being made, and I'll have to ponder it.

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Why is it that you can buy 'Baby Swiss' cheese, but you never see 'Mommy Swiss' or 'Daddy Swiss'. Are they test tube babies?

Swiss cheese reproduces by budding, obviously. 

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

You can see where the baby Swiss were when you slice open mature Swiss

But how do the baby buds get out before slicing?

They get out before the wax is applied.  At least the successful ones do.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Within a margin of error much less than 10%, I have been 4,000 miles directly above the Earth's centre my entire life.

That sounds like a good place to be. 

I wonder how much the location of the center of the Earth varies throughout a year. It's not much, but I bet it's not zero.