• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

18 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If they approve the new Charles III Post Office, but abbreviate the work order, could we wind up with a gold droid in the middle of London?

/me Not sure if that counts as a pun as such.  Makes notation in The Book just in case.

27 minutes ago, mlooney said:

/me Not sure if that counts as a pun as such.  Makes notation in The Book just in case.

I can confirm C III P.O. is indeed a pun. I am fluent in over six million forms of pun-ishment. He was just pulling our legs. Mine came off, and I had to replace it; couldn't match the color.

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I can confirm C III P.O. is indeed a pun. I am fluent in over six million forms of pun-ishment. He was just pulling our legs. Mine came off, and I had to replace it; couldn't match the color.

/me  While I got the C3PO thing, I'm not sure that creating acronyms counts as a pun.  I did add something to The Book, just in case.

8 hours ago, mlooney said:

/me  While I got the C3PO thing, I'm not sure that creating acronyms counts as a pun.  I did add something to The Book, just in case.

A pun doesn't even need actual words said nor printed, as long as you can fill them in yourself. Four beetles crossing a drawing of Abby Road, for example.

If it is almost entirely healthy, active & comfortable, a longer human lifespan is generally viewed as desireable.  But immortality is possibly the most foolish of desires.

So what is the happy medium?  Is an age on the FM dial the goal?

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If it is almost entirely healthy, active & comfortable, a longer human lifespan is generally viewed as desireable.  But immortality is possibly the most foolish of desires.

So what is the happy medium?  Is an age on the FM dial the goal?

A mitigating factor to the notion of immortality is that you presumably wouldn't be the same person over the eons as you progressed in understanding. At some point, your brain should have difficulty tracking memories, so it seems unfeasible in any case.

There are different degrees of immortality. Absolute eternal existence would likely drive a human insane, especially if that means literally outliving the heat death of the universe.

On the other hand, the “no natural decline with aging” kind of immortality could be good—you stay healthy indefinitely, even though mundane injury could still kill you.

6 hours ago, ijuin said:

There are different degrees of immortality. Absolute eternal existence would likely drive a human insane, especially if that means literally outliving the heat death of the universe.

On the other hand, the “no natural decline with aging” kind of immortality could be good—you stay healthy indefinitely, even though mundane injury could still kill you.

I vaguely remember a story, I think it was in a comic book, where Merlin (of Arthurian legend) had been granted eternal life... but not eternal youth. Several centuries old, basically all his weight-bearing joints were shot.

Then there's this other story, where a wannabe-immortal wannabe-world-dictator summoned one of the Fates for a consultation...

"I have plans to be immortal- will they succeed? I need to know if I am to live forever,"

Thymbris went through her bolt of threads to find the one connected to he who was once supreme ruler of Kings- "... you have been busy... and destructive... my hands are soiled from touching your thread... have you no remorse for those who you destroy?"

"There is only power and those who seek it- all else is nothing... now, will I succeed or not?"

"I have heard that reasoning before, and never has good come of it. You think yourself wiser than the one who made you?"

"ANSWER MY QUESTION! YOUR ARE BOUND TO DO SO!"

"I am truly bound to help you, to turn you from your path. You seek that which is worse than death for yourself, but are too blind to understand it. Very well, on your head be it- You will indeed become immortal. You will never cross the Styx with Charon, nor know the company of those departed."

"GOOD! Your verbal dancing may come to an end- go back from whence you came,"

She disappeared before she could add, "You shall wish for death before the Winter Solstice, and crave it through eternity..."

(He was later turned into a ceramic statue and, a day or two before the Solstice, dropped into the Marianas Trench.)

29 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

"I am an Alpha male" seems synonemous with "I embrace being a dick".

It does at that. Plus it's based on a faulty study of wolves.  It's BS from start to finish.

6 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

What?

Are we requiring people to be responsible for their own Stupid?

No, but they shouldn't be surprised that we aren't really all that in control of our anger.

49 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

In the Culinary Venn Diagrams, there is a great deal of overlap between things that are acceptable as Omelette Fillings and Pizza Toppings.

But the most basic Omelette ingredient, the Egg, is not great as a Pizza Topping.

In Europe egg is a pizza topping.  One sunny side up in the center of the pie.  I've had it, it's not bad.

14 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

In the Culinary Venn Diagrams, there is a great deal of overlap between things that are acceptable as Omelette Fillings and Pizza Toppings.

But the most basic Omelette ingredient, the Egg, is not great as a Pizza Topping.

Nor is pizza generally used as an omelette filling.

13 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Just crack an egg in the middle over the other toppings and shove it into the oven?

Why have I not seen / smelled / tasted this?

Is it only due to the potential legal consequences of serving under cooked eggs?

The way I've see it was to crack the egg into the middle of the pizza about 10 minutes into the 15 minutes pizza cook time.

If an astronaut on the ISS is feeling bad, would they say, "I am over the weather." ? 

If you consider space weather, the source is the sun, so they are still over that.