• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

/me.  Don't push it.  My vessel has the start of a migraine and isn't up for shenanigan today.  But have a star any way.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better soon. Weather related?

16 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better soon. Weather related?

Doesn't seem to be.  I'm in postdrome now, which in and of itself less than pleasant.  Feel like I'm going barf and have body aches.  Normally postdrome last 4-5 hours, this time it's pushing 14.  Really less than thrilled.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

Doesn't seem to be.  I'm in postdrome now, which in and of itself less than pleasant.  Feel like I'm going barf and have body aches.  Normally postdrome last 4-5 hours, this time it's pushing 14.  Really less than thrilled.

Get better, dude.

The human body has somewhere between thirty and one hundred trillion cells. 

If any one cell is infected, injured, or has a glitch in its chemical processes, it can cause no end of suffering for itself, its neighbors, and the whole body. 

We expect the cells to work together and put the best interest of the body ahead of themselves. 

But why should we expect that?

Individual humans will frequently put immediate self interest ahead of human society or the planet. And humans are ( according to some ) smarter than individual cells. 

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The human body has somewhere between thirty and one hundred trillion cells. 

If any one cell is infected, injured, or has a glitch in its chemical processes, it can cause no end of suffering for itself, its neighbors, and the whole body. 

We expect the cells to work together and put the best interest of the body ahead of themselves. 

But why should we expect that?

Individual humans will frequently put immediate self interest ahead of human society or the planet. And humans are ( according to some ) smarter than individual cells.

To flip this on its head, antisocial behavior is basically a societal cancer.

38 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Where do you go to get replacement blades for Occam's Razor?

You get a Lamp of Diogenes and use it for lighting in Plato's Cave. Once inside you cross the Einstein-Rosen bridge to where you will find the box with Schrödinger's Cat. The replacement blades lie right next to the box.

19 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I have frequently found it necessary to bypass Occam's Razor and go straight for Occam's Bazooka instead.

RPL: Rocket propelled logic.  I see a great need.

The US version of Sesame Street, while not truly bilingual, had a notable Spanish language presence. 

While I did not understand what was being said in Spanish, it did seem to amuse the characters in the show. 

What I want to know is if the Jokes in Spanish were as bad as the Jokes in English? 

A little slack in the mummy wrap please.

We had only just discovered the concept of humor.  The cultural sophistication to judge if a joke was good or bad was not developed until the Ptolemlooneyic dynasty.

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Spelling

21 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The US version of Sesame Street, while not truly bilingual, had a notable Spanish language presence. 

While I did not understand what was being said in Spanish, it did seem to amuse the characters in the show. 

What I want to know is if the Jokes in Spanish were as bad as the Jokes in English?

Sesame Street was extremely well done. I know that the focus has changed over the years, not sure about the quality. Warner Brothers cartoons were targeted at an adult audience, but had humor that kids could access. Sesame Street had something similar, it was entirely targeted at kids, but often the humor was over all good. I like Grover's fast food segments. Occasionally, over the kids heads, I'm looking at your, Alistair Cookie. It was much like the Muppet show in those aspects.

One of the funniest things I've seen with the Muppets was not on one of their shows. On celebrity Who Wants to be a Millionaire? for charity, Kermit the Frog was actually smarter than many of the real celebrities.

23 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

We had only just discovered the concept of humor.  The cultural sophistication to judge if a joke was good or bad was not developed until the Ptolemlooneyic dynasty.

Oh, that explains the fart jokes on the Rosetta Stone. Thank you.

15 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

The early bird gets the worm. The early worm gets eaten.

But the 2nd mouse gets the cheese.