• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP, Wednesday November 23, 2016

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=542

Hijinks!

Also, I actually approve of Diane upping her order because of that comment, despite the fact that she's only on a date with him so that he can buy her stuff.

And Lucy in back with that wavy hair, also taking offence to that comment while apparently ignoring the guy swooning over her.

42 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

A Soft Pretzel with Lemonade is good.

But Mall Pretzels, like most Mall Füd, is best served with Orange Julius.

What's Orange Julius? Is it like a tan version of Julius Caesar oh no I reminded myself of the election and made myself sad again

Honestly, I understand Diane getting the pretzels unsalted if she's eating both of them. Pretzel shops have a tendency to overdo the salt, and no salt is definitely better than too much. Still wondering what horrible enchanting complication Rhoda missed.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

A Soft Pretzel with Lemonade is good.

But Mall Pretzels, like most Mall Füd, is best served with Orange Julius.

I'm not so sure about that, I suspect that varies with the mall in question.

As to plot, I suspect today's strip is a set up for actual hijinks of Friday.

1 hour ago, Servant of Tara Gilesbie said:

What's Orange Julius? Is it like a tan version of Julius Caesar oh no I reminded myself of the election and made myself sad again

A juice shop, like Muscle Beach Lemonade (something like that)

11 minutes ago, Stormtalon42 said:

What if I like my jinks grilled and not fried?

Rojinkserie :demonicduck:

2 hours ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

Unsalted pretzels are an abomination.

They might be sweet then. Unsalted pretzels I can love since I have not been eating some Auntie Anne's for years.

"Medium the Lemonade". *snrk*. Will they be change-blinded by Large the Rhoda? :demonicduck:

4 hours ago, Stature said:

"Medium the Lemonade". *snrk*. Will they be change-blinded by Large the Rhoda?

Doubtful that Diane has change-blindness. Remember Sherlock Diane? Also, Diane's forte is stealth, which requires good situational awareness. If she were in my squad I'd put her on point. The only thing Diane was blind to for any length of time was her resemblance to Susan, and that only lasted a few days.

What I could see is Rhoda shrinking herself to normal height for Diane, forgetting Catalina in her pocket for the moment, in case she's spotted. Or maybe down to doll size to sneak past Diane and Lucy.

Speaking of Lucy, you all do remember she's the tallest of the regular female characters, don't you? Lucy might be even more likely to notice supersized Rhoda; she doesn't meet females taller than herself very often.

Huh...You know...I think the guy that Diane's with is Derek, The face is really similar and the hair has similar aspects to it as well, the messiness, little sideburns, I can see the original Derek being updated to the current art style like this. That means Diane would have been towing him along for a couple months before switching her attention to Elliot.

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

Also, I actually approve of Diane upping her order because of that comment, despite the fact that she's only on a date with him so that he can buy her stuff

I'm also fond of DIane's response. It even made me like her more. That woman has spirit.

18 hours ago, Servant of Tara Gilesbie said:

Honestly, I understand Diane getting the pretzels unsalted if she's eating both of them. Pretzel shops have a tendency to overdo the salt, and no salt is definitely better than too much.

What about having one salted and one unsalted and altering?

15 hours ago, partner555 said:

Lucy! When was the last time we saw you!

In a sense, New Year Eve, although technically it was just her avatar.

11 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Doubtful that Diane has change-blindness. Remember Sherlock Diane? Also, Diane's forte is stealth, which requires good situational awareness. If she were in my squad I'd put her on point. The only thing Diane was blind to for any length of time was her resemblance to Susan, and that only lasted a few days.

What I could see is Rhoda shrinking herself to normal height for Diane, forgetting Catalina in her pocket for the moment, in case she's spotted. Or maybe down to doll size to sneak past Diane and Lucy.

That's assuming Rhoda notices Diane sooner than Diane notices her ...

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

Huh...You know...I think the guy that Diane's with is Derek, The face is really similar and the hair has similar aspects to it as well, the messiness, little sideburns, I can see the original Derek being updated to the current art style like this. That means Diane would have been towing him along for a couple months before switching her attention to Elliot.

It really looks like him. It's not like she needed to date him all that time. She probably have very full calendar and switches boys often so they can afford her.

11 hours ago, Sweveham said:

That woman has spirit.

She said lemonade! :)

21 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

It really looks like him. It's not like she needed to date him all that time. She probably have very full calendar and switches boys often so they can afford her.

Maybe, it's also possible that he was very willing to spend money on her too for that time. I'd rather believe that she stuck with one person until she felt they weren't worth keeping than think that she juggled multiple relationships, although that would be indicative that she'd be following in her biological father's footsteps without knowing. I wonder how she'll react to finding out her father was a cheating cheater, she already seems like she might be getting tired of stringing boys along, finding this out might disgust her completely.

35 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Maybe, it's also possible that he was very willing to spend money on her too for that time. I'd rather believe that she stuck with one person until she felt they weren't worth keeping

Third alternative would be that she is spending around month with one boy but she gave Derek another chance.

35 minutes ago, Scotty said:

that she juggled multiple relationships, although that would be indicative that she'd be following in her biological father's footsteps without knowing.

Not really. She don't consider those relationships important and I don't think she is getting far physically with them. That's like inversion of her father behaviour.

5 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Not really. She don't consider those relationships important and I don't think she is getting far physically with them. That's like inversion of her father behaviour.

I don't think she's getting physical with any of them either, considering she has a similar aversion to germs as Susan, I don't even think she would have kissed any of them, but carrying on multiple relationships simultaneously is still what her and Susan's father did. I don't think we really have to worry about Diane getting to the same level her father did though.

33 minutes ago, Scotty said:
44 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I don't think she's getting physical with any of them either, considering she has a similar aversion to germs as Susan

Wait, does she? I don't remember that.

34 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I don't even think she would have kissed any of them

Kisses are cheap. I mean, for her, the boyfriends need to pay :)

37 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Carrying on multiple relationships simultaneously is still what her and Susan's father did

That's true, but each for different purpose.

7 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

We do not know that. Mrs. Pompoms was rich. It is quite normal for men to look for rich lovers to batten off, too. For all we know, that was his selection criterion for his lovers, too.

11 minutes ago, mlooney said:
38 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Wait, does she? I don't remember that.

Well, she wanted Rhoda and Grace to have clean hands here

Considering they were at toilet, I think that's pretty normal level of concern. If that would be Susan, she would already be taking out hand sanitizer. Wait. She would first knock out both of them then take out the sanitizer.

29 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:
38 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

We do not know that. Mrs. Pompoms was rich. It is quite normal for men to look for rich lovers to batten off, too. For all we know, that was his selection criterion for his lovers, too.

We know very little. It's for example possible that he married Mrs. Pompoms for the money and that woman he had sex with was his one and only true love. But I don't consider likely man with similar tactic as Diane would marry OR got not one but two women pregnant.

(Also, we don't actually know if Mrs. Pompoms was rich before the divorce. Might've been his money.)

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

(Also, we don't actually know if Mrs. Pompoms was rich before the divorce. Might've been his money.)

We have a big clue -- the extremely privileged way she acted when she muscled Susan into the France trip. This is not the action of someone recently into money by way of parental support. It is the action of Old Money getting what it feels is its Just and Rightful Consideration. Also, the way the principal just rolled over supports that. He was facing a taxpayer with a considerable load behind her and he knew it.

59 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

We have a big clue -- the extremely privileged way she acted when she muscled Susan into the France trip. This is not the action of someone recently into money by way of parental support.

What parental support? She got some houses and several millions as her half on divorce. Mr. Pompoms forgot to make premarital agreement.

... ok, the way she behaves makes more likely she was always rich, but there ARE people capable to get into this mode in just ten years.