• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Amiable Dorsai

Comic for Wednesday, May 18, 2022

31 minutes ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Also, who threw the fireball he just caught?

If you will look on the previous page, Dwight was preparing to launch a fireball in anger at seeing Virginia handling a forbidden high-tech device (Elliot’s phone). Whether high tech is forbidden to all Commoners on their side of the world, or to Uryuoms specifically, has yet to be elaborated upon.

That said, way to go, Dwight. You just angered the “Prince”.

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Edward does not appear to have shaken nerves or a rattled brain. 

Are we sure this is a great ball of fire?

Goodness Gracious!

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

Now we see why Edward always wears glasses. He has truly scary eyes.

His eyes look like another pair of glasses. Maybe that's the shtick, 'It's glasses all the way down!'

For having just rebooted, Edward assessed the situation and took appropriate action rather quickly. I wonder if he wasn't fully out of it when he was 'unconscious'. You'd think if he stood up on his own power, groggy, someone would have noticed and commented (in spite of the obvious distractions). That seems to say, he just all of a sudden got up, figured out that Dwight, not Liam, was a problem, and essentially rescued Virginia, who presumably he's never met. That seems to say what looks to be 'unconscious' was something like retreating into a magical fortress and regrouping.

Although, that's not for sure. I'm going to hazard a guess that he's been to the griffin side before. She could even be his daughter, in some sense, something like one quarter Edward, three quarters other uryuom folks. Lets see if he says "Hello, Virginia" before anyone introduces her, and if she responds in kind (otherwise, it could mean that he was just more aware than we realized).

Hmm, maybe some of the negative portrayals of the uryuoms, like at the Library, with the golem, are from an era they were rebelling?

Liam already said as much, Edward was not unconscious, but rather, 'enchanted', single quotes because that is not defined. Think air quotes.

So, Edward kept himself alive on impact, presumably kept Liam alive on impact, and in some sense retreated from the physical world, which does have apparent less than ideal aspects, like leaving his body vulnerable to physical attacks.