• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

NP Comic for Thursday, May 19, 2022

She is also a shapeshifting chameleon, shown in the first panel, where she grows extra facial features, and in the last panel, where she changes color.

I'm sure someone is going to say that the first panel just indicates motion, but I've seen people shake their heads before, and none of them have grown an extra eyeball. Or in the last panel, turning white just indicates her emotional state, like she's so embarrassed that she's about to enter a coma. So she's a coma chameleon? How does that work? She's neither leaving nor arriving.

I could picture Grace with the hat from the previous comic singing it, though. So there is that. Maybe it's talking about Ashley's fantasy life as like she's in a coma in the real world, and she goes in and out of it. She'll probably end up better off than the guy did in the video, when they threw him off the boat.

53 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Why does that sound incredibly narcisistic?

If it just means imagining herself with someone, it's not; we pretty much all do it from time to time, even if just to imagine if a relationship might be possible. You don't go cold turkey up to someone and say, "Hey, would you marry me?". Unless you are in Vegas, and plastered beyond all reason. But alcohol has artificially removed the normal healthy barrier, it's not like the barrier was a bad thing.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
4 hours ago, mlooney said:

Ashley ships her self . . . .  

Why does that sound incredibly narcisistic?

There might have been a better way of saying that, but I'm at a loss as to what.  "Ashley includes a self insert into her shipping fics about Elliot, Susan and Grace, yet doesn't want any one to know this" doesn't really have the same punch.