• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Comic for Friday, May 27, 2022

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

A most enlightened judicial philosophy

Based on Dwight, some of the griffins aren't enlightened any way.  Does seem that they may be in the minority, as with a sample size of 4, only one seems to be an ass.

Dwight does seem to be the type to jump to conclusions, whereas Liam seems to be much more thoughtful. It’s probably for the best that Liam is the superior officer.

Thousands of years ago, just like the side of the world we're used to. Coincidence, or did Uryoum refugees from the other side side try again on this side? Was this lost to history because Magic keeps rebooting on this side?

22 hours ago, mlooney said:

Here is.

Dwight does seem to be an ass. Having a fairly powerful ass isn't a great idea. I hope Liam slaps him down.

14 hours ago, mlooney said:

Based on Dwight, some of the griffins aren't enlightened any way.  Does seem that they may be in the minority, as with a sample size of 4, only one seems to be an ass.

The sample size is too small to be significant, and it is biased; two apparently well educated knights and a researcher, vs a functionary flunky with a public school education.

You represent a common consensus that Dwight is bigoted and small minded, and I agree, he smacks of a subscriber to the Vulpine Information Distribution System. He knows just enough to justify his prejudiced views. But he's not entirely wrong. If he studied our world, he'd find that something similar happened about half a millennium ago, but the technology side won, so we see history from their point of view. (And we have, at times, made their non-technology illegal.)

One interresting point is that the conflict from thousands of years ago is spoken of as if it happened last week.

Is it possible that the same government & rulling caste has steadily dominated their entire world ever since? 

If the rulers don't change, there is no need to reexamine or rewrite the myths & legends that justify their right to rule. 

If the Uryuom conflict was the event that cleared the previous board & set the pieces upon which the statup quo is currently built, then it is in the current rulers' interest to have every one learn their version of that war's battles, generals & martyers.  Everything after that can be glossed over. 

On 5/28/2022 at 6:19 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

One interresting point is that the conflict from thousands of years ago is spoken of as if it happened last week.

Is it possible that the same government & rulling caste has steadily dominated their entire world ever since? 

If the rulers don't change, there is no need to reexamine or rewrite the myths & legends that justify their right to rule. 

If the Uryuom conflict was the event that cleared the previous board & set the pieces upon which the statup quo is currently built, then it is in the current rulers' interest to have every one learn their version of that war's battles, generals & martyers.  Everything after that can be glossed over. 

The Uryuoms we've met in the present in the comic appear to be pretty chill. The ones we've seen in flashbacks to the ancient past appear to have been dicks. The one who recently discovered that he could use magic to create a flame looked ominously dickish.