• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Story, Wednesday November 23, 2016

1 hour ago, WR...S said:

Summoned a magic sword?  Sheesh, you two, where would you get an idea like that?

Indeed.  She did NOT summon a magic sword.

She summoned a normal sword.

Pay no attention to the glowy aura around it.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Mind you they haven't directly said that Diane very well could be Susan's half sister, but Susan seems to be taking the knowledge of Diane's existence well.

Yet. Apparently, she considers vampires more important, which is completely understandable. So, they didn't get to details of the sister stuff and Susan likely didn't really processed it yet.

34 minutes ago, mlooney said:

She said she didn't, which I took to mean not from her chest.  I think she got a new spell.  Or she has her call things from her chest spell on hair trigger now.

It's not hair trigger, 7 vampires is not "hair". I think her reflexes are optimal.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:
1 hour ago, WR...S said:

Summoned a magic sword?  Sheesh, you two, where would you get an idea like that?

I think they WERE informed about this display of items ... not speaking about the possibility Susan showed them on some occasion. She could just say it to Grace and Sarah, yet she shown it, so why not?

16 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I think they WERE informed about this display of items ... not speaking about the possibility Susan showed them on some occasion. She could just say it to Grace and Sarah, yet she shown it, so why not?

Nanase was there in France when Susan originally received the weapon-summoning spell, so Nanase would have know about it anyway. She could have told Ellen (possibly when explaining to Ellen about the first time Susan summoned Nase).

36 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

So, they didn't get to details of the sister stuff and Susan likely didn't really processed it yet.

I wonder if that's what Ellen was about to get into before Nanase mentioned there were seven vampires. "Though you should be surprised by the fact that Diane is likely your sister."

30 minutes ago, hkmaly said:
1 hour ago, mlooney said:

She said she didn't, which I took to mean not from her chest.  I think she got a new spell.  Or she has her call things from her chest spell on hair trigger now.

It's not hair trigger, 7 vampires is not "hair". I think her reflexes are optimal.

I also think Susan's "... No" might have a more sarcastic tone to it, like "You just saw me do it, why did you have to ask?"

22 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I also think Susan's "... No" might have a more sarcastic tone to it, like "You just saw me do it, why did you have to ask?"

Susan be sarcastic?  That is unpossible!

1 hour ago, JustBecauseICantDraw said:

After all her roleplaying with justin, I think being able to summon a lightsaber is a reflection of who she is now :)

That might be true.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

At the very least it's a deadpan snarky joke. ;)

This also might be true.

15 minutes ago, tuoteg said:

Of course it's not a magic sword, it's a magic pointer. Susan is going to break out the charts any minute now.

That's a big magic pointer.

Susan can definitely sympathize with the whole "attacked by a vampire because she has potential powers that she didn't even know she had" scenario, so her reaction is totally understandable.

Susan should have been on the Voltron Force (the Lions of course, not that clunky collection of boats and hellicoptors).

They would stretch out combats far too long attempting to use minimal force to repel or subdue the monster du jour.  The team had a weapon, the Blazing Sword, that could destroy almost all their opponents with a single strike.

Susan gets it.  See the enemy, form Blazing Sword.  Hear about an approaching enemy, form Blazing Sword.  Someone mentions the enemy on TV, form Blazing Sword.  The telephone rings, form Blazing Sword.  Wake up in the morning, form Blazing Sword.

... What is the vwm sound effect?

... Vampire Weakening Mode engaged?

Very Weaponised Murdering engaged?

Violent Wight Mugging engaged?

(I'm guessing it's the 'thum' of a sword suddenly pushing aside air after being conjured from magical sources)

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

Susan be sarcastic?  That is unpossible!

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

At the very least it's a deadpan snarky joke. ;)

1 hour ago, Pizzaboy10 said:

I like to think that Susan legitimately does not realise that she summoned that sword. The concept is just hilarious to me.

Why are so many people interpreting this as comedy?

In the last panel of the previous comic, Susan is told that Diane existed, and "a vampire attacked her last night for having the same magical affinity as you". Susan then goes wide-eyed.

She immediately asks if Diane is OK; then after more exposition, she gets introspective, talking about how Tedd talked about how the ambient magic would attract aberrations, and how after all this time she really should have expected something like this. She's clearly focusing on "same magical affinity as you" rather than "looks and behaves quite astonishingly like you". Ellen ignores this because she wants to tell her that Diane is her half-sister or something; Nanase cuts in and mentions that there have been seven; and at this point Susan freaks out even more and summons a sword. (Whether it's a magic sword, or a normal sword that's nonetheless glowing because it was surrounded magically doesn't really matter at this point.)

Look at panel 6 again. Susan is freaking out, big time. Even in the final panel she's by no means calm. This cannot possibly be sarcasm.

She was told years ago that it was her job to deal with vampires, she ignored that because it didn't appear to matter, but now that the vampires are here, she realises that she's Buffy before season 1: she has no idea what to do. Whoever Diane is, is totally meaningless in comparison.

A glowing sword suddenly appeared in her hand; so? That's not important. What's important is that she needs to kill all the vampires. The rest is window-dressing.