• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

https://www.egscomics.com/comic/balance-153 

I am so grateful that never has one group of humans looked at another group of people, only to have the first group tell themselves stories about the second group where the details are so exaggerated and the facts taken so far out of context that it might as well be fiction.  And then have the first group use their own fiction as justification for doing horrible things to the second group.

Yes it is wonderful that humans have never engaged in such reprehensible behavior.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I am wondering who, among the official librarians, historian, and archivists of the ruling Griffons, would have access to the details that could undermine the official position? 

53 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Yes it is wonderful that humans have never engaged in such reprehensible behavior.

I'm not sure that Liam feels that way.  Don't forget that humans are royalty on his side of the world.  They if they didn't have issues against Uryuoms then Uryuoms wouldn't be second class citizens.

As far as Liam being as high up in society as it's possible for a griffin to be at "Lord", "lord" is a tricky title.  A simple "lord" can have more power than a prince|ss| royal who is far enough down the chain of inheritance that they are unlikely to become king|queen.  For example the original "Lord of the Isles" was the 3rd most important and powerful person in the British Isles, after only the monarchs of England and Scotland.   The fact that "lord" is the lowest level of nobility in the SCA and "knight/master/mistress" is the highest non royal level is a bit odd and effects people that only have a slight contact with it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_of_the_Isles

There’s also the matter that “Lord”, as a title of address, as opposed to a specific rank, can be used to address nearly any noble rank above Knight but below Duke. Liam might be a Baron, for example.