• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

NP Comic for Thursday, Jun 2, 2022

Here is.
And, yeah, Ashley is shipping herself, or at least leaving open the possibility, with Grace.  Plus she seems to think that Grace has transformation of others abilities, at least that's what I take the first panel to me.  

Also, I still don't like cow-girls, but I'll sorta make an exception for cow!Ashley, as she's cute as one.

I don’t know if she’s implying that she thinks that regular-Grace can transform others, or whether it’s just her story-version who can. As far as we, the outside-the-fourth-wall audience know, the only human(ish) major characters capable of transforming others via their own spells  are Ellen, Tedd, and Rhoda. (Jay or other Wizard characters may have learned such spells from elsewhere, and Miss Kitty from “Escape From The Mall” has a spell for turning people into catgirls.)

Modified Grace template is absolutely nothing like Real Grace

Nothing at all

Next time, try superimposing the faces of your favorite sitcom & anime characters over your friend based templates

No one will think that silly, flirty & magical Ralph Kramden is actually Grace 

21 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

No one will think that silly, flirty & magical Ralph Kramden is actually Grace 

<google>  That's who I though that was.  Might be outside the reference pool of most Gen-Z types.

40 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Sorry

I forget that post-cable kids grew up in a world where reruns from the 50s really were one fourth of all your viewing options much of the time

I'm sorta a post cable kid, as Tulsa got cable fairly early.  My younger sibling  were a cable kids, but I moved in with my grandparents who barely had TV (and didn't once they retired) much less cable.  I knew about, and remember watching "The Honeymooners" but my memory is shot and sit-com character names aren't something I normally remember. 

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

I'm sorta a post cable kid, as Tulsa got cable fairly early.  My younger sibling  were a cable kids, but I moved in with my grandparents who barely had TV (and didn't once they retired) much less cable.  I knew about, and remember watching "The Honeymooners" but my memory is shot and sit-com character names aren't something I normally remember. 

That's barely within the top end of the Boomer's demographic. I was a toddler, I don't recall it directly, but I saw reruns a decade later in my grandmother's cable. Apparently, from the Wiki article, it was an expansion on a recurring sketch. The original was only 39 episodes, just about a year. I'm guesstimating I've seen about half, back in the day.

In Futurama, Ralph is a hero for his visionary "To the Moon, Alice" catch phrase.

I remember Art Carney playing a drunk, Crazy Guggenheim, regularly on the Jackie Gleason live variety show in the early 60s. It was a recurring segment. I don't recall much about it, but my childish impression was that he did a good job with it and was funny.

2 CC of trivia, The Flintstones is said to be modeled on The Honeymooners.

My experience viewing old, fondly remembered shows is that it would be painful to watch today; the memories are better than the reality.

37 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

My experience viewing old, fondly remembered shows is that it would be painful to watch today

This includes some fairly recent shows as well.  Even some Mythbusters episodes are cringe worthy today.  The farther they stray from white middle class America the more likely they are going to be  offensive to one degree or another.   Plus the are a little to fond of the police.  Watching Adam wear either an ATF or FBI jacket is something that makes me flinch at times.

10 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

In Futurama, Ralph is a hero for his visionary "To the Moon, Alice" catch phrase.

They also conflated Michael Jackson, doing the Moonwalk, with Michael Collins, astronaut on the Apollo 11 mission. It seems that the 31st Century in Futurama only knows about the 20th-21st Centuries via our pop culture, thus their naming our era “The Stupid Ages”.

5 hours ago, ijuin said:

They also conflated Michael Jackson, doing the Moonwalk, with Michael Collins, astronaut on the Apollo 11 mission. It seems that the 31st Century in Futurama only knows about the 20th-21st Centuries via our pop culture, thus their naming our era “The Stupid Ages”.

"Oh, they have Soylent Cola!"

"How does it taste?"

"It varies from person to person."

9 hours ago, ijuin said:

They also conflated Michael Jackson, doing the Moonwalk, with Michael Collins, astronaut on the Apollo 11 mission.

But Michael Collins didn't moon walk in any way.  They must be really confused.  From time to time I tell myself I need to watch Futurama but the feeling passes before I can start.

27 minutes ago, mlooney said:

But Michael Collins didn't moon walk in any way.  They must be really confused.  From time to time I tell myself I need to watch Futurama but the feeling passes before I can start.

You can watch it when the universe reboots. Unless you land on yourself.

2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

You can watch it when the universe reboots. Unless you land on yourself.

I'll keep that in mind when The Great Reboot happens.