• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Comic for Wednesday, Jun 15, 2022

20 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Here is

Now I want to see griffins play "Campaign for North Africa" or "Advanced Squad Leader"

I want to see Sam play 'Advanced Sqid Leader'.

He will apparently be doing a nudie scene soon. Given this reaction, hilarity should ensue.

3 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I want to see Sam play 'Advanced Sqid Leader'.

He will apparently be doing a nudie scene soon. Given this reaction, hilarity should ensue.

Given that the Sqid civilization is currently at a Steam Age technology level (i.e. about one lifetime away from developing their own orbital flight, at closest), Sam may be the most Advanced Sqid out there.

Hmm, we can see from that strip that Sam’s tentacle/arms have a pair of “fingers” at the ends for fine-scale manipulation. That suggests that Sqid mathematics uses either the number of tentacles, or the number of fingers, as their base number.

28 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Given that the Sqid civilization is currently at a Steam Age technology level (i.e. about one lifetime away from developing their own orbital flight, at closest), Sam may be the most Advanced Sqid out there.

Hmm, we can see from that strip that Sam’s tentacle/arms have a pair of “fingers” at the ends for fine-scale manipulation. That suggests that Sqid mathematics uses either the number of tentacles, or the number of fingers, as their base number.

... and as we know, 'It's all about the base ..."

Hmm. In today's Freefall comic, Sam is wearing a breathing mask with a bottle. (Permanent link not established yet)

This begs the question, "What does Sam breathe?" Presumably, he's from an underwater culture, and that bottle has water.

Does his normal mask have a bottle, or does it condense water from the air?

How does an underwater civilization develop steam technology? Volcanic vents?

Maybe they're smarter than they look.

IIRC, the Sqid planet is tropical, warm, and humid by human standards. The Sqids themselves are amphibious. Sam needs 80% humidity or so to remain comfortable, and his suit normally provides that, along with air filtration. The water tank, air filters,  batteries, and fans are located in his “life support” backpack, along with a small emergency oxygen supply.