• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Comic for Wednesday, June 22, 2022

I like the direction this is taking, but there are some seriously inconsistent plot holes.

Andrea and Tara saw Nanase as Royalty, due to her aura. Given that she denied it, their conclusion should have been that the political situation on the EGS side was not like the one on their side, that the situation that caused their political situation had never arisen in the EGS universe.

Liam would have been advised of this, so he should not have viewed a Royalty aura on this side as actual Royalty, in any case not as Royalty on his side, and not been compelled to attack Edward.

In any case, knowing of Nanase, they were endangering her, and would have arranged the mind control to not do so, would have put some safety limits on the control commands.

Seems simpler to influence and rearrange to guard schedule.

Dwight again goes clearly in the Barney Fife camp.

I'm pretty sure Virginia is in on it, specifically why Liam trusts her goes beyond her loyalty to being a co-conspirator. Given the EGS Uyuom limitations on magic, and assuming hers are similar, she is probably not the mind controller.

50 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Liam would have been advised of this, so he should not have viewed a Royalty aura on this side as actual Royalty, in any case not as Royalty on his side, and not been compelled to attack Edward.

Intellectually, yes, he would have realized that Edward was not of a politically ruling house, but I think that in his mind-controlled state, he was running more on gut instinct instead.

3 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Seems simpler to influence and rearrange to guard schedule.

Truth orbs might make that tricky.  Like I said (possibly else where) the griffin society has lying by omission down to an art form.

Almost everything that effect social change is illegal at the start of it.  Not changing the laws/traditions of a nation is what leads to revolutions or civil wars.

A thought occurs: Given the secrecy, and Liam’s voiced objections to the oppression of Uryuoms, might he be a Conductor on a sort of Underground Railroad operation? The EGS side is no paradise, but Uryuoms seem to be mostly equal citizens there, with less visible racism than is experienced by disfavored minority human groups.

25 minutes ago, ijuin said:

A thought occurs: Given the secrecy, and Liam’s voiced objections to the oppression of Uryuoms, might he be a Conductor on a sort of Underground Railroad operation? The EGS side is no paradise, but Uryuoms seem to be mostly equal citizens there, with less visible racism than is experienced by disfavored minority human groups.

He might be trying to set up an Underground Railroad, which is the mission of the people that he allowed to enter the portal by taking Dwight away.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

He might be trying to set up an Underground Railroad, which is the mission of the people that he allowed to enter the portal by taking Dwight away.

Which may have just already happened, but given that Virginia wanted more details, it seems like a future thing.

52 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Which may have just already happened, but given that Virginia wanted more details, it seems like a future thing.

I'm sure, in a year or so real time, we will know what their mission is/was.  The Dan has set up quite a few characters from the griffin's side of the world, I'm sure that they are going to play at least some role in coming arcs.

7 hours ago, mlooney said:

I'm sure, in a year or so real time, we will know what their mission is/was.  The Dan has set up quite a few characters from the griffin's side of the world, I'm sure that they are going to play at least some role in coming arcs.

Well, they seem to have wanted to move Dwight away from the portal, so some shenanigans should have already taken place. Scouts? 'It can't be much worse, it might be much better'?