• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

NP Comic for Saturday, June 25, 2022

I just hope everyone is smart enough to either deny knowing Cheerleadra's identity, or flat refuse to answer any question about it.

(Particularly Elliot needs to do this. For that matter maybe he should practice.)

1 hour ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

So what is Dan setting up here? George querying Nanase about magic? Because she is Ellen's girlfriend, or because he suspects Nanase of also having magical abilities?

Nanase has been fairly open and loose about using her magic in the comic shop, as shown in the “Flipping Cardboard” storyline. George doesn’t “suspect” that she has powers—he “knows” it.

23 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

I just hope everyone is smart enough to either deny knowing Cheerleadra's identity, or flat refuse to answer any question about it.

Justin has already pretty much admitted to George that Elliot is Cheerleadra. The “new” thing here is George believing that Elliot is Ellen, a thing which is not helped by Elliot frequently transforming into an Ellen-like appearance (with different hair color since around the New Year) and his friends addressing him as “Elliot” when he is in that form. George is within reason to conflate default-Ellen form and default-female-Elliot form.

Even if George would see Eliot & Ellen together, he might convince himself that was some sort of Cheerledra trick.

. . . . 

So George gives up his day off to work for an hour off the clock for a Milk Shake.

Does George just love being at the Salty Crackers that much?

Is he still trying to prove to the boss or the rest of the crew that he's a "team player"?

The places I worked when I was younger were all part of larger corporate interests.  And I always got in trouble for playing fast & loose with the time clock, even if it was not to my advantage.

10 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

And I always got in trouble for playing fast & loose with the time clock, even if it was not to my advantage.

I only worked 3 places that even cared how many hours I worked.  I was a contractor at two of them and the other was run by a "pointy haired owner".  I suspect his attitudes towards workers lead to both my 4th and 5th mental breakdown.  The 5th lead to me being on disability, which I should have been on much earlier. 

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Does George just love being at the Salty Crackers that much?

From what we can see, I think that he is there mainly to hang out with the people.

Which also makes it sound as though he doesn’t really have much of a social circle outside of people he knows through school and the comic shop.

6 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Which also makes it sound as though he doesn’t really have much of a social circle outside of people he knows through school and the comic shop.

We've had other subtle indications of that.

3 hours ago, ijuin said:

To be fair my "social circle" is my gaming group.  With any luck I should start doing SCA again, which will increase the number of people I am friendly with.