• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

NP Comic for Tuesday, June 28, 2022

NP Comic for Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Is George reluctant to poke that particular bear, or bears in general? While particular bears may be more intimidating than the average bear, poking bears does not seem like a survival trait. One would venture to guess that the set {people who like to poke bears} would tend to be self limiting. At least with actual bears.

Maybe she should have been named Jack?

I would be intimidated by Nanase if I met her in real life. Of course, given our massive age difference it would be unlikely that I would meet her, unless she played D&D or was in the SCA.

Basically it’s “she can kick ass harder than anyone I have ever met besides her own Sensei”. Given that George possesses neither combat skills, nor combat magic, he would be greatly overmatched despite being a head taller and about double Nanase’s mass. (I estimate George to be about 250 pounds or so.)

It has been well established that Nanase was rather careless about using her abilities in public before Abraham showed up.  She was actually more careful about hiding her abilities from her own mother.  But just lifting a car without thinking about the audience?

And remember, poking a stick at a Grizzly Bear was the second of the Dumb Ways To Die.  George has been watching his Australian PSAs

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

And remember, poking a stick at a Grizzly Bear was the second of the Dumb Ways To Die.  George has been watching his Australian PSAs

The danger in Oz is the drop bears.

8 hours ago, ijuin said:

Basically it’s “she can kick ass harder than anyone I have ever met besides her own Sensei”. Given that George possesses neither combat skills, nor combat magic, he would be greatly overmatched despite being a head taller and about double Nanase’s mass. (I estimate George to be about 250 pounds or so.)

Well, in theory Elliot is her near peer.  It was implied in the end of their match that he won about half the time.

17 hours ago, mlooney said:

Well, in theory Elliot is her near peer.  It was implied in the end of their match that he won about half the time.

Elliot is her near peer in combat before they pull out the “battle transformation” forms, at least. The Griffins have not assessed him as being Royal-class, however, and his fight with mind-controlled Liam would place him as about a mid-ranking Mage Knight-in-training.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

Elliot is her near peer in combat before they pull out the “battle transformation” forms, at least

Oh, yeah I was talking about "normal" forms.  I'm sure guardian form would clean Cheerleadra's clock.  Maybe not Evileadera. 

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

Evileadra’s clock might remain soiled.

I can picture the skit now. Sign on store front, "We'll clean your clock, $20.00". Man walks in with an antique timepiece. The man behind the counter accepts payment, takes the timepiece and sets it on the counter. Three guys with boards come from corners of the room and smack the customer around, the counterman then joining them. After beating on him for a while, they pick him up and set him on his feet, replace his hat on his head, and the counterman hands him back his still dirty antique timepiece.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Elliot's martial arts skills are above average in his normal human form. 

We have yet to see Elliot use these skills effectively while in a form with enhanced strengh, speed or flight.

Well, we sorta did when Evileadra fought Liam. 

On 6/28/2022 at 5:42 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Only for those who lose to emus

No one is messing with the emus after that defeat. The emus won. So, as Stephen Colbert might say in his less refined Meanwhile segment, drop bears represent a dangerous subset of the clear and present danger that is bears. Even though they are not bears.

4 hours ago, ijuin said:

Sounds like a Monty Python skit.

I would cast John Cleese as the shop keeper and Michael Palin as the customer.

The bit that ties these together is that John Cleese is one of the writers for the upcoming movie on the Emu War.