• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Comic for Monday, Jul 4, 2022

Here is.

Well, I was sorta right. The flying space turtle detected the clog. What I was wrong on was it doing something about it. Also "it's just unraveling" is sorta better than some one else fixing it. I suspect that "it is no longer being maintained" means that Pandora's refresh had something to do with it.

Happy 4th, stay safe, lunacy abounds.

34 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Here is.

Well, I was sorta right. The flying space turtle detected the clog. What I was wrong on was it doing something about it. Also "it's just unraveling" is sorta better than some one else fixing it. I suspect that "it is no longer being maintained" means that Pandora's refresh had something to do with it.

Yep, good call. So, he must be local, and might return later.

4 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Happy 4th, stay safe, lunacy abounds.

I'm just glad that Explorer has gotten over her fear of thunderstorms.  I hope that passes on to fireworks.  If not, well I'm going to have a very clingy cat today.

I think we will see Pandora soon, at least in comic time.  I'm not sure that fixing the clog is going to be one of the things that she carried over from her old life to her new one.  Her vow to Sarah and her family seems to be what she would carry over.  I say vow because Jerry's vow to Susan carried over to Zeus.

A space-faring messenger should be able to calculate the duration of Earth's orbit, so "within half a year" is a reasonable approximation without making the Turtle translate specific time units from Cosmic Chelonian to Central Daylight Time.  

A space-faring messenger's perspective on what is "just a little" shift is possibly quite different from that held by Misters Rand and McNally.  Edward may want to press for more details on this matter before Bert ducks and covers.  

I must say this  

I may be crazy

But the view of the Space Turtle's "face" in the second panel looks, in my opinion, disturbingly like a Muppet.

42 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I must say this  

I may be crazy

But the view of the Space Turtle's "face" in the second panel looks, in my opinion, disturbingly like a Muppet.

"Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street?"

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Yeah, does have a puppet feel about it.

12 hours ago, mlooney said:

I'm just glad that Explorer has gotten over her fear of thunderstorms.  I hope that passes on to fireworks.  If not, well I'm going to have a very clingy cat today.

And we just had the first fireworks for the day.  Explorer went from being on the bookcase by the windows to on my lap.  She's currently hiding behind the stuff on the table and is not a happy kitty

23 minutes ago, mlooney said:

She's currently hiding behind the stuff on the table and is not a happy kitty

Someone just set off a string of firecrackers.  She came back to my lap for a few then went back to the table, hiding between the 2 unused monitors on the table.  She is really not happy.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

The fireworks stopped about 11, more or less.  Explorer got off the bed about 11:30.

I left sometime after 10:00. The public fireworks had ended, but the neighborhood was still going. We heard ambulances a couple of times. I suppose drinking was involved. Drunks and fireworks, always a great pairing.

3 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I left sometime after 10:00. The public fireworks had ended, but the neighborhood was still going. We heard ambulances a couple of times. I suppose drinking was involved. Drunks and fireworks, always a great pairing.

I hear ambulances about 4 times a week, but I live next to a charity apartment building that has quite a few elderly tenants, so you expect some.  Didn't hear any last night.

23 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

A space-faring messenger's perspective on what is "just a little" shift is possibly quite different from that held by Misters Rand and McNally.  Edward may want to press for more details on this matter before Bert ducks and covers.  

“Just a little” probably means that the center will no longer be within Moperville itself, but it won’t be moving clear across the continent.

27 minutes ago, ijuin said:

“Just a little” probably means that the center will no longer be within Moperville itself, but it won’t be moving clear across the continent.

From a certain point of view, Moperville is already on the edge of the continent.  There is a Divide for Mississippi & Great Lakes drainage near Chicago.  And there is a rift down the Mississippi valley that tries to pull N America apart every few centuries

4 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

From a certain point of view, Moperville is already on the edge of the continent.  There is a Divide for Mississippi & Great Lakes drainage near Chicago.  And there is a rift down the Mississippi valley that tries to pull N America apart every few centuries

Great, just what we need, yet another thing pulling North America apart ...

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The North American Plate is still a single tectonic plate, and has not fractured into separate major pieces.

8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

There was a mid-ocean rift that produced a bunch of typical ocean-floor rock... and then stopped, about a billion years ago. The known portion of ocean floor it produced runs from about the middle of Kansas up to take in roughly Lake Superior, then turns south through the middle of Michigan's Lower Peninsula and ends a bit west of Detroit.

https://usgs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapJournal/index.html?appid=dc2e783552b84ed8957cb8d2dfac235e#

On 7/4/2022 at 0:20 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

What's disturbing about it looking like a Muppet?