• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Comic for Wednesday, Jul 6, 2022

Here is.

The center of the magic for Moperville being at the university means, I'm fairly sure, that Tedd's watches will work at least on campus.  On the other hand I wonder if the center of the magic flow is where the portal to griffin side is.  Might attract a bit of attention if a griffin was to appear on campus.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Will this resemble building a major highway across the campus?  Or are we dropping the campus in the middle of the airport?

I suspect that there isn't quite that much traffic between the 2 sides, but even one a week would cause people to talk.

Giant Space Muppet's map is kind of sparse on details. (S)he know a bit of detail about EGS-world earth life, though, if Moperville University struck him/her as significant. Also, just being from 'space' and knowing earth locations. Hmm.

Is it significant that Dan introduced Giant Space Muppet Turtle rather than just send a Uryuom to do the job? Does it really boil down to 'They don't sense magic'? I'm sure there's a relatively easy way to hand wave that. Or have an Immortal point it out, or the griffins discover it, or Tedd's gizmos point it out.

It seems somewhat likely that the GiSpaMuTu has a secondary role. or we wouldn't have one. Seems to beg for a back story in any case.

41 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Seems to beg for a back story in any case.

This would be a good canon NP story line.  Better than yet another video game arc.  Granted the it's been a while since we've had a video game arc.  Parable soured me on video game arcs.

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Maybe our visitor is a Turtle from the Frogger home world?

Then give their backstory with out excessive references to the game.

On 7/6/2022 at 11:32 AM, Darth Fluffy said:

Is it significant that Dan introduced Giant Space Muppet Turtle rather than just send a Uryuom to do the job? Does it really boil down to 'They don't sense magic'? I'm sure there's a relatively easy way to hand wave that. Or have an Immortal point it out, or the griffins discover it, or Tedd's gizmos point it out.

It seems somewhat likely that the GiSpaMuTu has a secondary role. or we wouldn't have one. Seems to beg for a back story in any case.

If I remember Dan's commentary correctly, he created the Space Turtle as an excuse to get Mr. Verres away from the meeting between Tedd and Arthur. Then once the Turtle had been introduced, Dan decided this would be the news the Turtle brought. So from a meta-sense, giving this info IS the Turtle's secondary purpose.