• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

NP Comic for Thursday, Jul 7, 2022

It takes a certain degree of maturity for a guy to admit to his lack of knowledge or skill in front of someone whom he is trying to impress.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Larry is not accustomed to being an "Expert".  If an expert didn't know the specific answer to that question, he could talk arround the question and tie it onto something he does know.

Depends on the "Expert".  Of course there is the joke about what expert means.   

slide_2.jpg

I like PT Reex (PT Reeks) because both ways of reading that are true(ish) - PT is generally unpopular, and the participants tend to be pungent when they complete the session. I have to hand it to our high school PT instructor, he did all the stuff, he was no phony. Probably the closest I'll come to tying it to 'Expert'.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Depends on the "Expert".  Of course there is the joke about what expert means.   

slide_2.jpg

The version I heard had X being an unknown.

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I like PT Reex (PT Reeks) because both ways of reading that are true(ish) - PT is generally unpopular, and the participants tend to be pungent when they complete the session. I have to hand it to our high school PT instructor, he did all the stuff, he was no phony. Probably the closest I'll come to tying it to 'Expert'.

I had several PT leaders that were good when I was in the army.  Most, however sucked.  On the other hand, how much work is it to lead jumping jacks, some push-ups, some sit ups, then a 2 mile run.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

I had several PT leaders that were good when I was in the army.  Most, however sucked.  On the other hand, how much work is it to lead jumping jacks, some push-ups, some sit ups, then a 2 mile run.

I can't think of anything our high school instructor was not good at. He demonstrated everything he expected us to do, including a climbing board (holes, and the climber has two pegs), gymnastic rings, and skill games like golf. He gave me enough confidence to learn how to swim in spite of an innate fear of the water. I don't recall that he taught anything else, but the man was also smart. His one son was in my grade level, and he was alright, but did not excel. I think he went on to culinary school.

All of the PT leaders I had did PT as a side job.  They all had "real" jobs doing army things.  In one unit I was in, the leader of PT on any given morning was the first Staff Sergeant that the 1st Sergeant saw that morning.  It was sorta fun seeing a bunch of section and squad leaders hiding from the 1SG like a bunch of privates.