• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ChronosCat

Patreon Jul 8 / Sketchbook Jul 9 2022

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/posts/dans-choice-card-68785333

Sketchbook: https://www.egscomics.com/sketchbook/2022-010

This time around, I like the image, but not so much the story. In fact, with the question of when and how (and "if", assuming no one else intervenes) they can change back left unresolved, I find it a little creepy.

It’s pretty well established in the EGS universe that enchantments on a living being can be dissipated by that being’s will after a minimum amount of time has passed, and that having greater resistance allows one to remove it earlier, so it will wear off eventually, even though it might take weeks if Rich or Larry have particularly low magical affinity.

I assumed based on the "once per day" aspect of the card that any changes last less than a day or can be fixed by the card the next day.

Given that it appears to be meant for the entertainment of the cardholder (as well as of whoever arranged for it to be in the package), a duration of “at least long enough to go on a date” would be preferable as well—e.g. “from when it is invoked until the following midnight or dawn”.

Midnight would work better than dawn as an adult can stay out until midnight with out causing too many comments.  Staying out til dawn might be an issue.  Of course if this takes place after magic is in common knowledge you could just say "I got transformed by surprise, should be back to normal tomorrow."

I was thinking more along the lines of “if invoked in between sunset and midnight, it will last until dawn so that you still get several hours of it”.

I was thinking it was like the D&D magic items that recharge "next dawn" regardless of when that is.  Hmm.  Wonder if they are going to cover that in the new "Spelljammer" where not having a dawn is possible

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

But what are the game mechanics?

Now you got me thinking of non-sexist game play mechanics, but I don't know enough about MtG to come up with a valid option,

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

But what are the game mechanics?  

If the card does not provide a play advantage, it does not belong in a collectable card game pack.

Well it obviously is very distracting to your opponents.

I'm sorry, but when each boob is bigger around than the head or the waist, it just doesn't work for me. Not sexy. Not cute. Not intriguing. Uncanny-valley fail.

56 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Yeah, Ellen's and Nanase's natural size is about as big as I want to see.

I agree—that is the “sweet spot”, and larger than that is mainly for the novelty value.

Let’s not forget that FV5 was originally created to represent Tedd’s idea of the ideal female body at the time, so it has what Tedd considered the optimum height, weight, bust size, etc. It’s no coincidence that the size and proportions are nearly identical to Nanase’s—I always believed that, behind the “Ugly Cousin” facade, Tedd was envious of her. Panel four here shows Tedd with a very Nanase-like look, and I think this is what Tedd imagines looking like if born in a female body.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

I agree—that is the “sweet spot”, and larger than that is mainly for the novelty value.

Let’s not forget that FV5 was originally created to represent Tedd’s idea of the ideal female body at the time, so it has what Tedd considered the optimum height, weight, bust size, etc. It’s no coincidence that the size and proportions are nearly identical to Nanase’s—I always believed that, behind the “Ugly Cousin” facade, Tedd was envious of her. Panel four here shows Tedd with a very Nanase-like look, and I think this is what Tedd imagines looking like if born in a female body.

They are related, so the odds are good that they might look similar. I don't recall that we've ever seen Nanase's dad; if he is even close to Edward, the odds are better.

40 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Oh, there's no question that Tedd thinks Nanase is good looking, despite the whole cousin thing. I'm not quite sure that FV5 was created just with Nanase in mind however.

Probably not consciously ...

5 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I don't recall that we've ever seen Nanase's dad;

The only time, in canon, that he had lines, we didn't see him.

https://www.egscomics.com/egsnp/2016-12-07

The one time we have seen him he seems to have what The Dan uses for Asian eyes.  Plus a mustache.

https://www.egscomics.com/comic/2007-03-13

12 minutes ago, mlooney said:

The only time, in canon, that he had lines, we didn't see him.

https://www.egscomics.com/egsnp/2016-12-07

The one time we have seen him he seems to have what The Dan uses for Asian eyes.  Plus a mustache.

https://www.egscomics.com/comic/2007-03-13

Poor guy, one appearance in one panel. As far as features, also light hair. <shrug>