• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ChronosCat

Patreon Jul 8 / Sketchbook Jul 9 2022

Which adds to the FV5 not being based on Nanase because it's unlikely that Tedd would design his dream girl to look like his mother.  Unless he's more in need of therapy than we know.

On the other hand, Noriko’s similarly adds to the hypothesis that FV5 represents Tedd’s idealized self-image—it is not merely “I think this is ideal hotness” but rather “I wish this were me”.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Not a major character and Nanase even says as much

https://www.egscomics.com/comic/2007-03-17

Mom's reaction to being shown to be illogical was to take away cookies. You might suspect that he's learned to pick his battles, but he may have abdicated.

My own story is similar. I chose to take a stand, and we eventually got a divorce. In hindsight, we should have gotten one sooner, it would have been easier on everybody.

6 minutes ago, ijuin said:

On the other hand, Noriko’s similarly adds to the hypothesis that FV5 represents Tedd’s idealized self-image—it is not merely “I think this is ideal hotness” but rather “I wish this were me”.

That's still a bit weird.  Tedd was embarrassed to be seen when he first use, in canon, the TF gun to turn female.  Or at least didn't want Grace to see him that way.  Of course that sequence had a lot of "early installment weirdness" to use TvTropes term.

Yeah, Tedd wasn’t “out” to any friends before that point, even using the excuse of testing the gun to justify being in a girly form to Elliot the first time that the latter sees it. FV5 is also so obviously feminine that Tedd, as stated later (can’t find the exact page) can feel safe in being perceived as fully female rather than as an effeminate male.

I suspect that Tedd only kept the "FV1" form as Tedd needed a baseline "Female" form, that they could build on.  It's obviously just a change to female, witness how long it took Elliot to notice and Elliot not noticing that Tedd had changed back, right before Elliot getting zapped with FV5.  Plus the default girly state of his spell is almost exactly the same as Tedd's male form, enough so that Sarah had to ask if Tedd had changed.