• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

4 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

You definitely fit into the persona of that era, physically speaking. Are you an anachronism, good sir? :cool:

Yes, and I belong to a society of creative ones.

This one would be pants less, except it's split to about waist, so to avoid intermittent flashing I need to wear pants with it.

Picture_2022-07-26_09-58-30.png

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Question, Sir; since the goal here is anachronism, is period garb really an issue?

Yes.  The basic requirement of attending an SCA event is an attempt at pre 17th century clothing.  You don't need to match your garb to your persona unless you really want to, which is why I have ren-shirts.

37 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Yes.  The basic requirement of attending an SCA event is an attempt at pre 17th century clothing.  You don't need to match your garb to your persona unless you really want to, which is why I have ren-shirts.

If you matched everything, it's not anachronism, it's historical reenactment. Better make sure something doesn't fit in.

Not one of my photos, but a household photo.  I'm the guy in the middle holding the banner

20220810_102630.jpg

More photos of the household "fighting" children. While it's not quite obvious in this photo, the two men at arms in the center of the photo are strapped together by their belts.

20220810_112858.jpg

Just as a note, my household was delayed by several days in setting up camp due to a raccoon getting into our storage trailer and crapping on everything.  We had to sanitize everything before it could be used.  This added at least 100 man hours to the camp set up.  I no longer find raccoons to be "cute"