• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Monday, July 11, 2022

Comic for Monday, July 11, 2022

How well does Edward know his friend the Muppet Turtle? He seems like he's being dense in the first panel. He should know the Muppets are not always the most helpful critters. Has he never seen the show?

I have to agree, everything is relative. And everything is your relative, if you go back far enough. We all came out of the same Big Bang.

Sounds like we'll still have sufficient magic for continued shenanigans. Yippie!

Does this mean that

1. before Pandora set the clog Metro Moperville had 20x Earth normal ambient magic

2. With the clog it was higher

3. The level will be a tenth what it was before, but still twice as much as the rest of the planet

Or am I confused?

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Does this mean that

1. before Pandora set the clog Metro Moperville had 20x Earth normal ambient magic

2. With the clog it was higher

3. The level will be a tenth what it was before, but still twice as much as the rest of the planet

My reading is that Mopervile was an unusually magical place before the clog. How much so is unspecified.

The clog backed up Magic to 20X that already high level.

The clearance will leave Moperville 2X what is was before.

So, does that leave the flow at half its pre-clog level? Will that satisfy the inhabitants of Griffinstan? Or will they try to do something about it?  Will we see a true World War?

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

I'm wondering if twice normal is enough for watches to still work.

Pandora apparently created the clog in response to the events in “Sister II”, so the magical energy in Moperville was at its original level for all of the series prior to that.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Timex?  Why should they start now?

Take a licking, keeps on ticking. We'll place this Timex watch in this blender, add some tequila and some Marguerita mix, press the high speed blend button, and ...

22 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

We'll place this Timex watch in this blender, add some tequila and some Marguerita mix, press the high speed blend button, and ...

Sounds like an adult version of "will it blend?"

9 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Sounds like an adult version of "will it blend?"

It's supposed to sound like one of the old Timex torture test commercials. The only one I recall had a Timex watch on a blade of an outboard boat engine.

23 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

The only one I recall had a Timex watch on a blade of an outboard boat engine.

Was that the one where the watch came off of the propeller, and poor Derwood Kirby was fishing around in the tub for it, while desperately ad-libbing on live TV?

37 minutes ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Was that the one where the watch came off of the propeller, and poor Derwood Kirby was fishing around in the tub for it, while desperately ad-libbing on live TV?

That sounds like a thing that might have happened. If so, I think they re-shot it for normal air play. It's a dim memory, like Speedy Alca-Seltzer or Bert and Harry Piel, just clutter that hasn't cut loose yet.

58 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Speedy Alca-Seltzer

I miss being able to take Alca-Seltzer, but original has aspirin, which is off limits for me.  Bummer.  Of course I don't need it as much as I did back when I got hangovers.