• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Comic for Wednesday, Jul 13, 2022

Google reveals Steven is Greek for crown or garland. Sounds good for an EGS deity.

I'm curious what a deity is in EGS. GMSTD aka Steve is not omnipotent. So far, he seems sub-immortal. Then again, MU Thor is a demi-god, and he's not all powerful; the movie version is kind of marginally competent, except for smacking things. Several notches above The Hulk for cognition, I suppose. But he's not the clear leader of anything, and he couldn't deal with Thanos solo.

“Mythical deity” probably means small-g gods, like the Olympians or the Aesir (the gods of Asgard), or the pantheons of various other now-defunct polytheistic religions. Powerful enough to inspire awe and worship from gullible mortals, but not world-creators.

There are many ways someone might become a god.  

What ever path Stevie took that left him able to move, speak & interact with the living seems preferable to Vespasian's method.

Should we formally deify contemporary politicians?

32 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Sure, once they’ve shown themselves to be either immortal or capable of resurrection.

They don't have to be immortal as such, just unnaturally long lived will do.

35 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Sure, as soon as I see any of these politicians live to be 150, I’ll consider it.

I was more thinking in terms of 300+ years, but 150 will do.  Assuming they still look like they are merely an adult, not looking like a nursing home resident.