• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

NP Comic for Thursday, Jul 14, 2022

Well, he is thinking of her as a Tomboy, which may or may not help.  However his blushing while talking to her is a bit of a giveaway.

It’s still a step up from outright assuming “you will want to have sex with me or else you are a bitch”, which is where he was back when Susan tried to hammer him back in Hammerchlorians.

Somewhere well before 'I'm entitled to have some woman I noticed spend time with me' (or more, which apparently is a thing that is gaining some traction in some stagnant corners of the Interwebs), there is a far more realistic space between hitting on a girl/woman in an unwelcome manner and no one ever approaches anyone, and we all live alone until we go extinct. The sweet spot is in between the two. Any two characters that are in a relationship have experienced this. Any two people that are together have experienced this.

So, in fairness to Rich, who is not very good at this, finding that sweet spot, if you are destined to do so, is not the easiest thing that you will learn in life, and if you start in a bad location, like Rich is, it can be quite difficult. You might find good advice, but bad advice abounds; Rich's advice to Larry as an example. Rich seems reasonably intelligent, if misguided, and is analytical, albeit, delusional; though he is a bull in a china shop and oversteps the line a lot, I can't fault him for making an attempt. In other words, yes he is hitting on Ellen, I don't see that in and of itself as being a bad thing. That he has a warped framework for his reality, and unrealistic expectations is going to get him into trouble.

I do not expect that Ellen will use her transformation beam on Rich, but I'll bet the thought is beginning to cross her mind.

What I do expect is that they will have a discussion, she will mention that she is in a relationship, and point to Nanase. Rich has already shown that he believes any girl who is not interested in him is a lesbian, so I guess he's primed to accept that.

What he seems to need to hear is "Rich, I'm not a lesbian, I'm bisexual. But you are not appealing." He also needs to hear why, but I doubt he's open to it.

4 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

What he seems to need to hear is "Rich, I'm not a lesbian, I'm bisexual. But you are not appealing." He also needs to hear why, but I doubt he's open to it.

Given that he thinks all women are bisexual, I'm not sure that the 1st part will phase him much.  He will assume that Ellen is 'shallow" for the 2nd part and will not wait to hear why.  On hearing the "you are not appealing" bit he's likely to go off on a "man hating feminist" rant.  And then Ellen will pop him with her change beam.

22 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Given that he thinks all women are bisexual, I'm not sure that the 1st part will phase him much.  He will assume that Ellen is 'shallow" for the 2nd part and will not wait to hear why.  On hearing the "you are not appealing" bit he's likely to go off on a "man hating feminist" rant.  And then Ellen will pop him with her change beam.

I don't think it will get that far. Rich is somewhat of a coward, will back off of confrontation, and Ellen recognizes the need to keep magic from public eyes.

For Rich the comic so far is a tiny bit of progress, he was more heinous in the card game.

In a sense though, he's right; feminism is a response to oppression, the bulk of women on the planet are in some sense feminist, his sample set is likely to be offended by his approach and find him odious for that reason, so seeing them as man hating feminists is not entirely inaccurate in his case, albeit self fulfilling and unbeknownst to him, directed at a solitary man, himself. I don't think he scores any points for that, though.

The saddest thing is while he wants a girl, I don't think he is capable of having a relationship; in other words, even if he lands the fish, he won't know what to do with it.

An involuntary transformation could lead to very bad results.  Alcohol, drugs, homicide & suicide among others.  

Giving him enough info to make the transformation voluntary would require revealing things he is not cleared to know.  

But that would be a way to answer a lot of George's questions.

1 minute ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Giving him enough info to make the transformation voluntary would require revealing things he is not cleared to know.  

Not really.  Magic existence isn't classified now.  Ellen just has to keep exactly how she got her beams quiet.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Not really.  Magic existence isn't classified now.  Ellen just has to keep exactly how she got her beams quiet.

Secrecy is contextual. For instance, with beavers, the location of special trees is on a need to gnaw basis.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

An involuntary transformation could lead to very bad results.  Alcohol, drugs, homicide & suicide among others.  

In a realistic world, yes. In EGS, Rich might either go off and get humorously drunk, or accuse Ellen of using some drug on him that made him hallucinate that he was transformed.

By the way, there is no Canon Cannon on this storyline, so transforming Rich is not entirely off the table.

49 minutes ago, ijuin said:

By the way, there is no Canon Cannon on this storyline, so transforming Rich is not entirely off the table.

Dan tends to use a canon cannon when the NO story takes an unexpected turn, but not so much when it is a mundane continuation. So far, there is no reason to suspect this is not canon.

3 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Secrecy is contextual. For instance, with beavers, the location of special trees is on a need to gnaw basis.

This is not a pun.

This is a slap to the face of the powers that be with an armoured gauntlet.

Epic poems by Virgil began this way.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

This is not a pun.

This is a slap to the face of the powers that be with an armoured gauntlet.

Epic poems by Virgil began this way.

Also movies like Airplane, but it's best not to go there (I'll never get over Macho Grande).

6 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

/me says 2 stars, an elder sign, a red line AND a notation.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

/me says 2 stars, an elder sign, a red line AND a notation.

Glad you enjoyed it, but you really shouldn't write stuff on your monitor. :P

/me Ah, nay not the monitor but with in The Book of Vengeance.  Which seems to be rather thick, even if there haven't been that many entries of late.