• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Friday, July 22, 2022

This does feel like a natural stopping point for this chapter.  Will August kick off a gnu section of Balance?  Or is there more discussion for Edward & the Kitty Hawks?

Why has no one on our side ever noted that Edward & Nanase have "crown shaped" auras?  Is that a feature of magic perception on their side?  

And of course, how will they perceive Tedd's aura?

56 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Is that a feature of magic perception on their side?  

I strongly suspect that this the case.  Might even be a griffin only ability.  Which would make griffins "king makers" on their side of the world.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

I'm also some what glad the "royalty" is based on power levels, not blood lines.

We have some evidence it is based on bloodlines, although maybe not exclusively. The griffins said as much, early on, to Nanase. It's not a great leap to assume it is because to power is hereditary as well, and we have some evidence for that, too.

We haven't seen a lot of humans that can see auras, and and Luke's aura vision seems not as refined as the griffins, which might be lack of training, context, and experience. Presumably immortals can also see or at least sense magic affinity, although I don't recall we've seen that from their PoV, maybe something with Abraham? We have that their offspring can taste magic as pancakes.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

I'm also some what glad the "royalty" is based on power levels, not blood lines.

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

We have some evidence it is based on bloodlines, although maybe not exclusively. The griffins said as much, early on, to Nanase. It's not a great leap to assume it is because to power is hereditary as well, and we have some evidence for that, too.

What it looks like to me is that one can be “Royal” without being a member of a reigning monarch’s clan. This makes “Royalty” an entire ruling caste rather than simply those-who-possess-their-own-kingdom, though I do expect that being Royalty born of non-Royalty likely makes one eligible to marry Royals.

13 hours ago, ijuin said:

What it looks like to me is that one can be “Royal” without being a member of a reigning monarch’s clan. This makes “Royalty” an entire ruling caste rather than simply those-who-possess-their-own-kingdom, though I do expect that being Royalty born of non-Royalty likely makes one eligible to marry Royals.

Right.  There is nothing, apparently , for a low rank commoner becoming royal if they have the power after their training.  Also just because you parents were royal doesn't mean you will be.

This brings to mind the thought that, if a ruler’s children are all insufficiently powerful to qualify as “genuine royalty”, then the ruler would try to marry them off to a Royal who does not have a kingdom, in order to keep the dynasty going.

Edward and (presumably) Noriko would be Royalty on the other side.  But Tedd's magic resistance is so high that they would not have seen his power until he learned to lower the resistance on his own.

Could you imagine how disappointed a Royal couple like that would be to have an absolute commoner child with apparently no power?

Glad that sort of thing couldn't happen on our side.