• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

NP Comic for Saturday, Jul 23, 2022

Here is.

Rich needs to get literally slapped down.  Of course his latest offenses have mainly been in his head, but I'm sure he's about to say one or more of them out loud any time now.

Confusing your fantasies with reality has a name, Rich; it begins with 'cr' and ends 'zy', although some of us prefer to call it one of it's many nicknames, like 'bonkers' or 'elevator does not reach the top floor' or 'loony toons'.

To be entirely fair, Rich, to some degree every blessed one of us masks the harshness of reality with our own fantasies and delusions, but you seem to engage in this practice in an unusually abundant fashion.

3 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Confusing your fantasies with reality has a name, Rich; it begins with 'cr' and ends 'zy', although some of us prefer to call it one of it's many nicknames, like 'bonkers' or 'elevator does not reach the top floor' or 'loony toons'

It's spelled "Looney".  No, wait, something else altogether.  Never mind.

You’re Looney. He’s Crazy. :D

Given that he’s imagining her using a glove to slap her, he may be interpreting her words as akin to “I challenge you to a nerd duel”. He may insist on being in on a gaming session run by her, just to prove to himself whether she is skilled at it.

In an RPG, the GM interprets and enforces the rules.

In a traditional card or board game, the rules are (relativly) brief and self contained.

A computer game has preset limits, you play what it gives you or you don't play.

But a collectable game often presents combinations of effects and abilities that are not illustrated in the guide book, especially if elements from several editions are in play simoultaneously.  And the meta rules regarding which ellements & attributes take effect in which order are frequently disregarded by players without a background in flow charts, law or math (and missused by players who do understand these things).  

From that POV, collectable games are more complex than other games.

Just more work to reach the fun.

On 7/23/2022 at 8:38 PM, mlooney said:

I've heard that it is Turing complete and that you can create recursively unending actions.

Speaking of "Rich needs a slap' and 'Loony Toons', I am reminded that Bugs always fills the glove with something hard and heavy when he slaps. Rich should have imagined it that way. He's rubbing his cheek, can we assume such an imagined glove would have had the desired effect?