• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

I find it sad that so many of the people I held in esteem are passing at an increasing rate, a reflection of my own mortality. This, exacerbated by how many of them are unknown to the current generation, and how little the current stars mean to me, not all, but many of them. 

Anne Heche, only 53 years old, best known for dating Ellen DeGeneres during the late 1990s, died as a result of burns and injuries sustained during a car accident. She was intoxicated and ran off the road at high speed into multiple dwellings. She has a reasonably impressive film and TV resume, and was known to have mental illness; she admitted as much. Sad.

6 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

You were correct.

The announcement of "The Monarch Is Dead!" is immediately followed by "Long Live The Monarch!"

That's what I thought, TBH, but I've heard "God Save the [Queen|King] so often I had some doubts about what was the correct thing after "The Queen is dead".  Wikipedia, of course, as an article on it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_king_is_dead,_long_live_the_king!

The Santa Clara Vanguard drum and bugle corps, a perennial top-twelve competitor since the founding of Drum Corps International in 1972, announced last night that they have no choice but to cease operations for the 2023 competition season due to "an unavoidable financial shortfall." They've been around since 1967, only to have their proud competitive streak broken not by a lack of incoming membership support, but by a lack of available funds.

Here's hoping they'll be able to regroup and return to the field of competition in 2024. They'll be sorely missed in 2023.

Edson Arantes do Nascimento, aka Pelé

23 October, 1940 - 29 December, 2022

His ability to make and keep Soccer popular and relevant even to the present (despite everything FIFA has done to destroy the game and the World Cup) is, perhaps, his greatest achievement.

Joseph Aloisius Ratzinger, aka Benedictus XVI, aka Pope Benedict XVI 

16 April 1927 – 31 December 2022 

This humble worker in the vineyard of the Lord  had an impossible role to play.  Taking on the mantle of the Vicar of Christ following the death of John Paul II, the beloved Shepherd who had been the only Pope much of the world had known. 

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

This humble worker in the vineyard of the Lord  had an impossible role to play.  Taking on the mantle of the Vicar of Christ following the death of John Paul II, the beloved Shepherd who had been the only Pope much of the world had known. 

I heard that earlier. He will be missed; he was far better than the normal lot. I'm not RC, yet I could see some positives with this guy.

Edited by Darth Fluffy
fix typo

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

3 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I heard that earlier. He will be missed; he was far better than the normal lot. I'm not RC, yet I could see some positives with this guy.

I misunderstood, and had the wrong pope dead. The current guy, Pope Francis, is OK, the prior one, Pope Benedict, is the one that departed. He was kind of sketchy.

Raquel Welch passed away. She was in the late 60's and 1970s the definitive female sex symbol. She was by no means shallow and one dimensional (pun actually not intended, for once), displaying depth as she matured and was forced to show actual talent, as many actresses are. Her last credits seem to be around 2017; in her mid 70s by then, it is fair to wind things down.