• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Monday, August 1, 2022

Comic for Monday, August 1, 2022

Yay! Dan's back!

I feel like the last line should have been a Ron White moment, "No, sorry, we can't fix stupid." (Although acknowledging it wasn't actually stupid, it sure seems to call out a level of criticism.)

Also not how I'd imagine shocked griffins verbally reacting. It doesn't seem otherworldly enough. I do like their expressions in panel five.

Good call applying the scientific method, Edward. We can see where Tedd gets it from.

Also, points for carrying a pocket knife. I've done that for most of my life, but like wearing a watch it is gone by the wayside, but for different reasons, some pressure in the workplace to not have a blade of any sort.

After learning the spell, Edward will show it to Tedd who will turn it into a wand that will become standard issue 1st aid gear for field agents.  This will appease the bean counters who might object to the Tedd project.  

Meanwhile, Tedd will begin intensive study of medicine, physiology & transformative magic to turn the 1st aid wands into surgical and reconstructive tools.

Edward definitely understands that getting the wound-closing spell for his organization is incredibly valuable, so he is willing to endure a minor wound for the sake of learning it. Meanwhile, Tara and Andrea are appalled at seeing a Royal/foreign dignitary wounded unnecessarily.

Dan seems to have struck a good balance with the power of healing magic here. It can accelerate natural healing, but it can not cure the otherwise incurable (e.g. cancer or other ailments caused by bodily malfunctions rather than injury or infection).

6 hours ago, ijuin said:

Edward definitely understands that getting the wound-closing spell for his organization is incredibly valuable, so he is willing to endure a minor wound for the sake of learning it. Meanwhile, Tara and Andrea are appalled at seeing a Royal/foreign dignitary wounded unnecessarily.

Dan seems to have struck a good balance with the power of healing magic here. It can accelerate natural healing, but it can not cure the otherwise incurable (e.g. cancer or other ailments caused by bodily malfunctions rather than injury or infection).

What we've seen so far does not explicitly exclude healing for diseases. It may be that these are considered trivial in the griffin's realm, kind of like vaccines ought to be.

That would fall under “infection”—i.e. foreign organisms are invading your body. What I think they would have trouble with healing is the kind of stuff caused by your own body deteriorating at the microscopic level—stuff like hardened arteries or type 2 diabetes.