• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ChronosCat

Sketchbook Aug 13 2022

https://www.egscomics.com/sketchbook/2022-013

While I prefer pictures of the main characters (or at least characters I'm more familiar with), I really like how this one came out.

(Incidentally, I'm a little surprised no one started this thread already. I wasn't online all weekend, but I know a few people were on the forums. Did no one have anything to say about this one, or did some of you miss it?)

I think the Squirrel look fits Camelia to a Tea.

1 hour ago, ChronosCat said:

did some of you miss it?

Honestly, the rate at which Sketchbook entries get updated is so sporadic that I don't even bother checking the Sketchbook page until someone announces there is something new there.

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Spelling

On 8/15/2022 at 11:51 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I think the Squirrel look fits Camelia to a Tea.

I agree that it looks good, I don't see the connection, personality-wise.

The only bit we know about her is that at her first appearance, she seemed to be performance motivated, but a few comics later turned out to have a good deal of empathy and concern.

The origin of 'fit to a t' seems to have faded with the passing of time;  "According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the exact origins of the phrase to a T are unknown." " So 'to a T,' meaning 'just right,' is actually a shortened form of 'to a tittle,' meaning that something is correct down to the smallest point." seems plausible to me; I can see why that origin would be forgotten, who says 'tittle'?

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I chose the phrase "fits Camelia to a tea" because I recall some speculation associatinig her with the magic tea shoppe when her character was introduced.

Cute. You've also got " Camellia sasanqua is used as a garden plant, its leaves are used for tea, and its seeds for oil." -  she's named after an herbal tea ingredient.

Would her name-based magic mark turn her into a plant? Maybe a dryad.

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

I'm sure some would like to see Camelia in a T that fits a bit more snugly.

This reminds me of a sad shapeshifting tragedy, wherein the the girl in squirrel form said, "I'm game." and was shot by a hunter.

On 8/15/2022 at 10:51 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I think the Squirrel look fits Camelia to a Tea

Not nearly busty enough to be to a Tea.