• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

NP Comic for Tuesday, August 16, 2022

NP Comic for Tuesday, August 16, 2022

... comic makes the point that George is a loner, and Nanase has some yet unstated issue.

The shadowy background figures in panel 2 are interesting. I guess that's a book cover?

Back in the day, it might have been an LP. George does not strike me as a vinyl hipster.

43 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I do wonder what Nanase's issue with playing RPG is.  Might be total lack of experience with them.

28 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Or it might be an unpleasant prior experience with games or gamers.

Yeah, I was going to say, Nanase is envisioning playing a game with people that hang around the comic shop she visits regularly.

OTOH Nanase was not a member of the small group that would have played back in the day; Sarah met her at Elliot's dojo, and Nanase did not hang out with her cousin, Tedd, so it could be lack of experience.

She may be freaking out about, "This is not a side of Ellen I've seen, do I want this in our relationship?" That seems to be a stretch, but within the realm of possible causes.

She could also be entirely into the idea of playing an RPG, just never thought that Ellen would be up for it.

'Deer in the headlights' is open to a lot of interpretations. Unless it involves actual deer while you are driving, then not so much. Figure on a fairly expensive repair bill, unless you've got great brakes. And, for heaven sake, slow down, there's more where that one came from. They travel in groups.

3 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Yeah, I was going to say, Nanase is envisioning playing a game with people that hang around the comic shop she visits regularly.

Nanase definitely dislikes the idea of being  forced to interact with Rich for an extended period.

5 hours ago, ijuin said:

Nanase definitely dislikes the idea of being  forced to interact with Rich for an extended period.

Yeah, I suspect that has a lot to do with it.

16 hours ago, ijuin said:

Rich is aptly named. He is a dick.

Yes he is.  As is the tertiary (quadiary?) character named, in fact Dick/