• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
CritterKeeper

We have a chat room!

Well, two people came in and it worked fine.  After they left, twice someone new came in but I didn't see them say anything, and they left again after a couple of minutes.  One of them entered twice and only one copy left, the other just stayed on the list.  Not sure if something wasn't working or if they were just shy.

Random Wanderer and WR....S, wanna tell us what happened?  If it's working with some browsers and not others, maybe we can fix whatever it is.

I've seen a few people come in, not say anything after I greet them, and then leave again, but that's kind of par for the course for chat rooms.  Make sure that you say hello to everyone when you enter the chat room.

If you have the volume on, the chat room plays a doorbell sound when someone enters, and a different sound whenever a line is entered.  Sometimes I'll be in the office after hours to finish charts and do research, so I'll go in the chat room and leave it open in another tab, waiting for someone to come in.  If I happen to get up from my desk for a minute, I might miss a drive-by.  If it's me being quiet, try checking back in a couple of minutes in case I was off getting a chart or in the bathroom or something. :-)

I get the impression a lot of people only go into the chat room if they see someone else is already there, hence my going in and hanging out alone when I can.  Several people have come in and chatted, hitting the five-person limit a few times (makes me wonder what happens when a sixth person tries to join), but it isn't a constant thing.  Seems like someone has to be willing to be a little patient and be that first person present who gives the room the little red number to lure others in.

Yeah, the times have lined up such that I've never actually seen you in it. I always say hi when I pop in, but it's rare to get a response.

Rather than shell out money for whatever extra plugin increases the cap, it might be more cost-effective to embed an IRC client.

4 minutes ago, Arcanimus said:

Rather than shell out money for whatever extra plugin increases the cap, it might be more cost-effective to embed an IRC client.

How exactly is that done?

1 minute ago, CritterKeeper said:

How exactly is that done?

That, I've got no experience with. I've not done anything with IRC in quite some time.

26 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Either that, or find a way to make it automatically boot anyone inactive for a certain amount of time, perhaps half an hour.

This would be my personal preference.

I'm pretty sure it does that already. It did it to me when I first popped in to test and forgot to close the tab.

1 hour ago, Arcanimus said:

I'm pretty sure it does that already. It did it to me when I first popped in to test and forgot to close the tab.

We had someone in there who never spoke for over 2-3 hrs that I was there, and others in the chat said they'd been there for hours at that point already.

11 hours ago, Arcanimus said:

10 hours ago, Matoyak said:

We had someone in there who never spoke for over 2-3 hrs that I was there, and others in the chat said they'd been there for hours at that point already.

Arcanimus, you remember how ash popped in when you and i were talking that day? I came back hours later and they were still there.