• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Friday, August 19, 2022

Comic for Friday, August 19, 2022

So it would seem that Elliot is learning a lesson skewed away from reality. Self sacrifice can be noble; it should not be a goal at the outset. (Granted, extreme circumstances might warrant even that. I recall a plot line somewhere where the person sacrificing themselves for a group gain had a terminal illness an a short time remaining.) There is a reason George C. Scott's opening speech in Patton resonates: "No son of a bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. You make the other son of a bitch die for his country." It is, after all, intuitively obvious, once framed that way.

Yet Elliot's take away is the opposite of the lesson that was demonstrated; he's still focused on sacrifice as a good thing. I suspect Elliot is being set up for a future growth opportunity plot line where he gains some wisdom about this. He needs more Liz point of view in his life. (Liz would have been a better match for him than Ashley, she is too much like him, but there's no going back; Ashley being dumped would upset Liz, so Liz is not happening.)

Elliot's approach, especially when he's Cheerleadra, is a half-assed plan that puts him in a situation that is over his head. He also shows a lack of thinking things through when he's defending someone, Tedd frequently, in discussions. Being part of a show with Susan, where they analyze films is good for him, it makes him use his head; it might be one of his few intellectual outlets. Other than that, being unaware is a good part of his shtick.

He actually has a lot in common with Catalina, but she is more aware.

Sarah was right, he was not taking the initiative in their relationship; Ellen, with his memories saw him as a stick in the mud, but he takes initiative with Ashley. It seems that the bar is lower because she is a reflection of himself. I don't understand why that should matter; Sarah seemed quite supportive, but he must have had some internalized fear of overstepping some boundary. Or maybe his character is just nor fully developed, changes as plot need dictates. Albeit, unlike many of the other characters, Elliot has not made a sudden sharp change of direction in his personality. Curiouser and curiouser.

Edited by Darth Fluffy
fix typo

I'm just glad that the "bad trade" effect of Evileadera was just burn out and not a long term change in Elliot's mental view.  Of course his sudden desire to learn how to "punch people with words" might be a side effect of that.

15 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

What worries me is that Elliot could be recruited by some cause that idolizes martyrdom.

That would be bad.  On the other hand The Dan doesn't seem to be that dark.

Perhaps a "charm" of three for Cheerleadra to detect intent.

It may be because I just woke up, but does anyone understand what he means by "charm of three"?

9 minutes ago, AFNB said:

It may be because I just woke up, but does anyone understand what he means by "charm of three"?

Edward had Elliot reduce his Charm allocation and use the stat points to enhance his ability to flee, now he's rethinking that they should have allocated three points to Charm.