• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Wednesday, August 31, 2021

Comic for Wednesday, August 31, 2021

"Words, they be punchy things, with which not good I am, so teamwork, I can be annoying. For a bit. Ouch."

"A man's got to know his limitations." - Harry Callahan

"I need training. As a superhero (not a huge one). From a superhero sensei."

Greg is training Grace. He might still be your best bet.

Greg is training Grace in ground combat, with minor amounts of aerial movement.  To me, it looks like Nanase, Grace, and Elliot will need to spar together.  Of course with magic being in the open, they can set up thick layers of matting/circus nets and do it more or less in the open at the university and don't have to keep it secret.  

Good idea, but Justin would be more like a ground target and the best thing for using Ellen's beams would be practicing dodging vs ground based "anti-air" weapons.  Elliot isn't really the only one that needs practice and/or training in aerial combat, Nanase and Grace need it as well.  Nanase only seems to have fought in the air in her guardian form and Grace hasn't fought in the air sense Damien, where she did that big old ball of claws and no technique thing.

Elliot has acknowledged that his Unfortunately Named Cheerleader Themed Super Heroine Alternate Identity is generally known as Cheerledra.  Elliot has accepted Cheerledra as the name of his Unfortunately Named Cheerleader Themed Super Heroine Alternate Identity.  So I no longer need to speak of her as Elliot's Unfortunately Named Cheerleaer Themed Super Heroine Alternate Identity and can simply refer to all her variants as Cheerledra.

50 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Elliot has acknowledged that his Unfortunately Named Cheerleader Themed Super Heroine Alternate Identity is generally known as Cheerledra.  Elliot has accepted Cheerledra as the name of his Unfortunately Named Cheerleader Themed Super Heroine Alternate Identity.  So I no longer need to speak of her as Elliot's Unfortunately Named Cheerleaer Themed Super Heroine Alternate Identity and can simply refer to all her variants as Cheerledra.

... or UNCTSHAI, acronyms work ...

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

can simply refer to all her variants as Cheerledra

Other than the "villain" option, which is Eviledra of course.

16 hours ago, mlooney said:

...best thing for using Ellen's beams would be practicing dodging vs ground based "anti-air" weapons.

I was thinking (now that I've looked at the table again) that Ellen could give Cheer something to train her magic resistance against, much like Grace was practicing using her telekinesis as a shield.

That is also a possibility, but that really doesn't require Cheer being airborne. which may or may not figure into her training schedule.  I'm also not sure if she can train "passive" skill.  

2 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

I've been wondering how and if this sort of thing will figure into Tedd's Magic resistance research.

It's got to.  Anything that gives an increase in magic resistance has got to be part of the resistance research.  Might even be a major part of the research.  Tedd watches Elliot Cheerledra out with resistance set low, then again with it set high and he should have a spell that increases resistance.  Might take a little tweaking but it should work.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

It's got to.  Anything that gives an increase in magic resistance has got to be part of the resistance research.  Might even be a major part of the research.  Tedd watches Elliot Cheerledra out with resistance set low, then again with it set high and he should have a spell that increases resistance.  Might take a little tweaking but it should work.

On the griffins' side, resistance is feudal.

5 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

On the griffins' side, resistance is feudal.

/me adds a star and several underlines to your page in The Book.